how many calories to maitain now

Options
HOw many calories do I need to maintain now. I am 5'3" 110 lbs I run aobut 20miles a week and do heavy lifiting 2-3 times a week. My everyday activity other than the exercise I would say is light to moderate.

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    eat at tdee:)

mfp's set your tdee already so set it at mfp maintenance goal
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A) How many calories have you been eating over the last month?
    B) How fast were you losing weight?

If 'B' is a pound a week then your maintenance calories will be roughly 500/day more than 'A' you were eating to lose weight.

In reality you will probably need to experiment a litlle to get the right number for you. Let yourself have a maintenance range of weight that you are happy to be in to allow for normal weight flucuations.

And congrats on getting to goal. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A) How many calories have you been eating over the last month?
    B) How fast were you losing weight?

If 'B' is a pound a week then your maintenance calories will be roughly 500/day more than 'A' you were eating to lose weight.

In reality you will probably need to experiment a litlle to get the right number for you. Let yourself have a maintenance range of weight that you are happy to be in to allow for normal weight flucuations.

And congrats on getting to goal. :flowerforyou:

^^this.

Use your actual results.

Often your maintenance goes up as NEAT increases due to higher caloric intake so as is mentioned above, you will need to play around with it.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the others, but finding Maintanance was much harder than loosing. Eating under what you burn, loose weight. Eating healthy and maintaining, harder to find correct mix. I was also starting to make adjustments to my macros so I had to be more mindful of what I was eating. I was at my goal weight, but still at 20% body fat. Losing body fat, but retaining weight was a struggle. I didn't feel like doing anything. Went to my GP, and my blood pressure was 86/62. I lost 42 lbs, but was still taking the same amount of BP meds. He took me off do those, and starting to feel better.

Meeting your goal weight isn't the end of the journey. You just feel better about yourself on this part of the trip.