Traveling

Options
We are going on a week long road trip next week and it has me nervous. Every meal will be eaten out and I have no idea for sure where we will be.

We are bringing our bikes so do plan on riding every day but .... Usually we only eat a small breakfast and then supper when we travel and I don't want to mess up my routine. I need good lunch ideas I can have in the car to eat on the road. I trust myself to make the best choices I can at the restaurants, after all this time it is 2nd nature, but getting in a good breakfast and a good lunch will be hard.

I also want to bring my scale, how weird is that. I can see their faces when we check in and I have my scale tucked under my arm, LOL. And hopefully my laptop will work at all the places so I can log everyday. So tips please. I plan on cutting down my calories because of the hours in the car but my hubby is a brewer so we will visiting as many brew pubs and breweries that he can find. They won't be the lightest in calories. And no, we won't drink and drive. Well, maybe our bikes back to the motel.

Replies

• Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be having the same problems starting on Monday. I'm flying on a plane and staying in a hotel for a conference/film festival for a whole week. Really worried about falling off the wagon. I'll have a fridge in the room but I don't think I'll be able to cook nor will I have time. :(

I think it's great that you get to go on this nice trip with your husband, visit all these fun places and ride bikes together. It sounds like a really fun trip!
  • aprilwoo97
    aprilwoo97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Packing snacks to take with you is also a good idea. Bringing a box of protein bars will provide you with an inexpensive and healthier alternative to fast food and other restaurants. Also, if you're going on a road trip, take advantage of all the fruit and veggie stands and farmer's markets that you will likely pass! You'll get an opportunity to try the local produce in different areas and you can stock up on some fresh (and portable) snacks.

If you are bringing your laptop with you, another good idea is to google the cities that you're stopping in and find restaurants with healthy alternatives. I don't usually have a lot of will power when it comes to food, so I find that planning ahead as much as possible lowers the temptation. Most places have their menus online, so before you stop, you can look it up and have a game plan of what you're going to have (granted you have access to wi-fi).

Hope any of this helps! Have a great and safe trip!