5 very ripe bananas - what to make?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Throw them in a plastic bag and freeze them. Then use them for nanner bread and put some walnuts and mini chocolate chips in there and enjoy!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Or, peel them, wrap in plastic wrap and toss in freezer to use in smoothies or any other banana recipe.

Actually not necessary to peel them. My mom (and now I do, too) always just threw the whole banana in the freezer. Then you take it out 20 min before you want it and let it thaw a little and it slips right out of its skin. They work so great for banana breads.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    protip: if you have lots of bananas and you don't want them to get too ripe before eating them... when they get to the ripeness level that you like, put them in the fridge. that will stop them from ripening any more.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I slice them and freeze them. They are great in a smoothy - you don't even need to thaw them.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Or, peel them, wrap in plastic wrap and toss in freezer to use in smoothies or any other banana recipe.

Actually not necessary to peel them. My mom (and now I do, too) always just threw the whole banana in the freezer. Then you take it out 20 min before you want it and let it thaw a little and it slips right out of its skin. They work so great for banana breads.

That's what I do too. Did it today and yesterday and mixed it through some Greek yogurt with berries.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great recipe's!