Maintaining Weight

Options
I over ate at night and my weight went up. How do you know if you gained weight. I run about 7 miles a day plus lift weights. I can burn about 800 calories a day. I do eat wrong 2000 calories a day sometimes less. 1700 around there. Some days I wake up at 178.6 or 177.6 and others I wake up at 179 it just depends. I do not eat fatty greasy foods. I eat healthy foods I just think I sometimes over eat at night. I eat my dinner always around 9 pm. I just work late. Could how much I eat at night that reflect what I weigh in the morning?

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Make sure you journal everything that comes past your lips including tic tacs, gum, all liquids. Measure everything.

Eating at night is debatable, but when I eat at night I actually lose. I spread my calories out longer in a 24 hr period, otherwise I wake up in the night by my stomach growling. My last meal of the day is about 9:30pm and I wake at 5 am. starving. I start my day eating at about 6.

I don't know if that helps.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your dinner is still in your gut being digested - of course you will weigh more.
    Same as if you drank a glass of water before weighing yourself....

Understand and accept that your weight fluctuates from day to day otherwise you get very frustrated!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Sean, there are many metabolic factors.

How often you pass water/poo/sleep times....

IMO if you are worrying about 1 or 2 lbs then it would be the same fluctuations.

If you are trying to lose weight. Then you need to monitor the calories you eat. If you are trying to put weight on then you need to monitor the calories you eat.

The long and short of it is keep your diary...food and exercise...I wish you well
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about small fluctuations. Look for and spot trends.

BTW,in case this isn't obvious- Running 7 nightly miles will cause you to be hungry and overeat if you're not careful. The less running I do, the easier it is to keep my appetite in check. .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to offend, but how many times are you going to ask this question? You've been asking a variant of it for the last six months.