I'm Back....AGAIN!

Options
CStellaGo
CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
So after slacking off for a year (again) I am back. A year...A whole year? How did I let this happen, how did so much time pass by with me slacking off?

So here’s a little background. I’m 25 soon to be 26 I’m 5’9” and 210 lbs. Not back up to the heaviest I have ever been but definitely not where I need to be. I’d like to be around 150 or at least somewhere I feel healthy and not like I am dying when my daughter wants to play tag with me. I haven’t seen that weight or felt that good since before becoming pregnant with my now 4 year old. When I was pregnant I was put on bed rest for the last 3 months of my pregnancy and boy that did not help with my lazy ways- if anything it added fuel to it and gave me an excuse! I’ve always used my pregnancy / being a mom as an excuse to not have time to work out or concentrate on eating healthier and I know that that is such a lazy excuse and that I truly have to change my attitude along with my lifestyle. I now want to use that pregnancy and my daughter as a reason to get better instead of an excuse NOT to.

Last year I was using MFP regularly (or at least sticking with it a lot better than I have ever stuck to any weight loss attempt) motivated by being asked to be Maid of Honor in my best friend’s wedding. I hated the way I looked and all the other bridesmaids are skinny and fit ladies, my self-esteem has never been great and had me in turmoil the entire time. I decided that I wanted to lose weight before the wedding so in June I began the journey (I didn’t try too hard I admit) but in 3 months I lost 20 pounds. I had to actually QUIT my diet and exercise because I had lost TOO much weight for my bridesmaid dress (which I had already had to have taken in once). Once I seen the pictures I became depressed again at how obese I look in the pictures. And that's the hard truth I need to get used to and use to motivate me. I am Obese and I need help (new mantra). So there became my downward spiral, again. After the wedding I didn’t go back to exercising.

The holidays came and I ate way too much and binged on everything. New Year’s came and I wanted to make a weight loss resolution but decided I had a much bigger debacle in my way that I had to do for myself and for my family- I decided to quit smoking. During this time we also decided to buy a house which we started the process in February. The house was a BIG deal as it needed a total renovation before we could even move in and we were doing a USDA loan so the process drug on for a very long time. We had 6 weeks to complete an entire renovation. During this time my dear fiancé (DF) and I would come home eat a sandwich and head to the house where I would work until 9-10 with him on weeknights and until 1-2 am on weekends. He lost 20 pounds, I lost NOTHING. Here is the awesome thing though even though I didn’t lose anything I quit smoking on May 9th and didn’t GAIN anything. For anyone who has ever smoked and quit that is a tremendous thing especially for me I have always used food to replace cigarettes before when I tried to quit and I would gain too much weight so I would start smoking again (such a VICIOUS cycle!)

We moved into our new house at the end of May and finally closed on the loan in July (I told you a very long drawn out process). During that time frame the stress I was under did a lot of damage emotionally that I was not aware of until one night it all blew up and smacked me in the face. It’s 3 months since I realized that I need to go on anti-anxiety medication and I feel like a different person. I am still extremely OCD and have a hard time letting go of things I cannot control. I WANT to control my weight, I WANT to be happy with my image- so here is what I would like from the MFP community- I needs friends, friends that will hold me accountable but not damage my already broken self esteem. I also have the following exercise things in my possession: Elliptical, Stationary Bike, Wii Fit, Hand Weights (can’t remember the weights right now but there are 3 sets starting at 2 lbs. and going to 5 I think) Stable Ball, Bean (Bought from an infomercial in 07’ I believe) and several different dvd’s including JMs 30 Day Shred and Bridalicious (SP?) Boot Camp (Ohh yeah DF finally proposed last December 28th after 5 years together I want to look FABULOUS for our wedding in 2015).

I think I am overwhelmed with where to start and to do this right this time- First thing first the Pepsi quits today and being replaced with good old fashioned water and the foods I eat are going to be better. It’s in exercise I get lost--- Above is what I have available to me who can help me set up a routine? Friend me!

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I will creep on your profile, motivate you, and if I haven't seen you in a day or two, i will bug you :)

Right now I am doing the 30 day shred and I really like that. It's tough (I'm only in level one), but I am getting stronger.

I couple that with cardio about 4 or 5 times a week. You can do it!! Elliptcals are great, so are treadmills. Great for cardio.

Good luck!!
  • ArteriaJones326
    ArteriaJones326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I couldn't relate to much more with you.
    You will do great. I think its even better that you choose to come back and go all the way.
    I will also encourage you.
    I am on day 10 with the 30 day shred (moving up to level 2)
    I encourage you to get it and don't stress yourself out if you feel you slipped.
    Sometimes we are harder on our selves than we should be especially when you find out your really didn't hurt your diet with the little extra brownie on the side.
    LoL
    We are here to motivate each other.!
  • vegamina
    Options
    hey what program is 30 day shred?
  • mikayla169
    mikayla169 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Almost identical to me, it's been exactly a year since I stopped trying, I piled back on the 22lbs I'd lost through MFP, (plus the 19lbs Id lost during pregnancy!), so needless to say I'm starting in a worse position this time than I was.

But, I'm on a new programme, feeling positive and looking for friends to support and vice versa! :)
  • supermuslimgirl
    supermuslimgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    30 day shred online free here.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/

I am also low carb but that is not for everyone learn your body and what works for you most important be healthy eat enough don't go hungry ever!!! ( difference between full and not hungry)

49481922.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MarianneC93
    MarianneC93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the utmost respect for someone who can find the willpower to return here and get back on their journey. So firstly good for you! You can do this. You did it once, and guess what? You can do it again!!

The DVD programs you have sounds brilliant. I would also recommend, going out and finding something you love! I love running - outside and at the gym. My bf who I'm doing this with loves swimming and now hardly ever gyms, just swims. And we both really look forward to going to our activities. So I recommend that in addition to your programs.

Feel free to add me. I have been really struggling lately and completely fell off the band wagon the last few months. I know how hard it is coming back here, but we can do this! And when we're in doubt, that's what the Success forum is for :)
  • CStellaGo
    Options
    :wink:
  • CStellaGo
    Options
    hey what program is 30 day shred?

Its a program by Jillian Michaels
  • 95hernandez
    Options
    Hi i just joined this site today like you i have failed to be consistent on my goals to a healthier life.
    The problem for me was self motivation and that's the reason i joined myfitnesspal to meet people trying to reach similar goals and keep each other motivated . good luck on your' e return.
  • hopkinsa11
    hopkinsa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hun you an I are in the exact same boat. Feel free to add me so we can both keep at it
  • Keat_Teak
    Options
    Hi, BRAND new here, how do I "join" a page or something, with this "ticker", ...to stay motivated, etc, any help is appreciated, and welcome "back"
  • cevalid
    Options
    Hey

Sounds like it has been a tough time for you.

In response to saying you don't know where to start I would simply start with tracking. Just start eating at a deficit today.

Then very very slowly incorporate cardio, weights etc into your day to day.

There is so much great advice on here and so many things you can learn about exercize and lifting etc, but you know the key is to cut down those portion sizes and the overall amount you are eating.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well you have made the right start by coming back and posting.. To be honest i had dropped out of losing weight in the same time frame you did and when I finally faced the music is when I had a great time at the beach one day with my husband. When i went to look at the pics after that, he looked great in them and the scenery looked great but me on the other hand looked huge. omg. I was in denial at first but knew it was time to get back on the horse. I started off by going for walks. Then added swimming. After a few weeks, i added in some yoga and occasional tae bo. A month in, my husband and i were at the walmart and he offered to buy me resistance bands. Those are great for a home workout. I got involved with mfp and the youtube weight loss community. Both are my inspirations and what keeps me going. iTs been 17 weeks so far, and I feel so much more knowledgeable about nutrition and fitness and when things start to get too easy for me, i just up my workouts or intensity. Youtube has so many fitness and nutiition experts and advice on there that I look at my youtube page daily to find new info or enforce what i already know. My advice for you is to fist focus on getting the nutrition and daily meals and foods in control then you can add in the exercise. Just get your sweat on daily. I even make my housework into exercise by putting on some music and dancing while I clean. Sweat is fat coming off of you is my motto. I have a quote i say to my self a lot: today i will be better than I was yesterday, and one day at a time. I hope you can find these helpful. Its what keeps me motivated when I feel down or unmotivated. Sometimes i don't feel like exercising or making a good choice but then I say this to myself and i make myself choose something better or get my workout clothes and head out the door to go for my walks/jogs. I admit sometimes i am grumbling the whole time until i am ten minutes in under the beautiful sky and then i feel great for doing good stuff for my body. Just take it one day at time dear. Pretty soon you will be at the end of your 114th night giving encouraging words to someone starting out like me.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I did the same thing twice. lost 25 left gained 20. lost 15 pounds gained 15. Hopefully it will stick this time.

I am try to get in shape for a friends hand fasting (fancy pagan engagement ceremony) this summer, and wedding next summer.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    another note: the videos and workout plan you mentioned sounds wonderful. i advise you start them right away but alternate days on what videos you do so you don't get bored. Not becoming bored and actually enjoying your exercise is key to sticking with it. Good luck and I am so adding you
  • napompl
    napompl Posts: 736
    Options
    I know it's hard to come back. This is my second round also. I am trying to keep up with it because I know it will help me get to my goals and I know it will also help you. I agree with many of the posters to find something you love to do and do it. I also know you need to mix it up sometimes if you are like me and get bored easily. I have found I love going to the gym because it's my time and I don't have my kids hanging on me and interrupting me every 2 minutes! But there are times I get in a rut and have to force myself to go and once I get done feel so much better! The food thing is my issue I love it just a little to much and it's my go to for comfort as well. Add me if you would like. I would love to hopefully help you on your journey and I know I could use motivation too! :smile: