Replies

• laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I tend to take an apple everywhere with me
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Quaker popchips, string cheese, bag of cut vegetables? Sesame sticks and a 100kcal packet of guacamole?
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal.
    I measure it out into small Rubbermaid containers.
    55 grams=180 calories.
    Nice and filling with enough sweetness to make me feel like it was a treat (and a snack).
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome so many good ideas to try. Don't know about the banana storage device though - although it might be a bit a conversation starter...
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and sea salt kind bars are in my purse right now...200 calories, 15g fat, 16g carbs, 7g fiber, 5g sugar, and 6g protein. They are essentially bars made of nuts with some added nuts and spices. They're DELICIOUS!

Edited to add: they aren't protein bars so they follow the rules :)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and sea salt kind bars are in my purse right now...200 calories, 15g fat, 16g carbs, 7g fiber, 5g sugar, and 6g protein. They are essentially bars made of nuts with some added nuts and spices. They're DELICIOUS!

Edited to add: they aren't protein bars so they follow the rules :)

Totaly agree! I love the PB & Dark Choc. one... Yum! I need to go pick some up for my desk.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Too many rules. You have officially stressed me out.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Trail mix sans almonds...I'm allergic.
    I also make homemade beef jerky. Which is high in protein, low in calories, and deeeeeeelish.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Jack Link beef sticks! 110 cal
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    A pink lady apple and a 25g packet of beef jerky.
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    I eat these every day. The herb & garlic one is the best. It's got olive oil in it and needs no mayo or anything to mix in.

15260_10150295079554975_483756462_n.png
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat these every day. The herb & garlic one is the best. It's got olive oil in it and needs no mayo or anything to mix in.

15260_10150295079554975_483756462_n.png

Just curious - do you worry about the mercury content, if you eat these daily? I love them too, but I get nervous. Even if it's light tuna, and not white, I think there is still a "limit" for consumption??

To answer the OP:

Half a pb and j on whole wheat bread
    Cheese and crackers
    pb cracker sandwiches
    cheese stick and a bag of craisins (I feel like cheese sticks can be without refrigeration for a while)
    celery and pb
    A couple of squares of super dark chocolate
    I make my own healthy blueberry cream cheese muffins, and pack them as snacks
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    Sometimes I do, to be honest... not just from the tuna packs themselves, I also eat fresh tilapia or salmon probably four additional times per week. You know what, though? I'm an environmental chemist, and some of the monitoring I do involves testing animal sources at various points in food chains. I also get a lot of fresh milk, and a lot of dirt and stormwater and groundwater. I see a LOT of scary things that may wind up in my food, in my drinking water, in the soil I grow my tomatoes in. A lot. Mercury isn't necessarily the biggest concern. If I spend all of my time worrying about PCBs and pesticides and metals that are so pervasive in our ecosystem, I'd probably never sleep at night. YOLO, gonna eat dat fish.

edit: Okay after re-reading that, I totally don't mean to scare people off from milk and fish and tomatoes and drinking water, or start a derail. It's really not that bad. Obviously I still eat those things. >.<