Bored with lunch

Options
Last time I did this I kept to pretty simple and predictable lunches. Primarily canned soup, apple and oatmeal, occasionally a salad, subway sandwich. I work full time and I constantly forget my lunch at home on the counter (maybe would remember it once or twice a week). It goes much better if i can leave a stock of something in my desk. I picked up peanut butter and rice cakes to go along with fruit, but i am sick to death of canned soup and oatmeal. I cant just run to subway multiple times a week and I'm not wasting calories on other fast food. Help, suggestions tips?

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    My building blocks for unrefrigerated ingredients for lunches come from this list:

Peanut butter and other nut butters, such as almond, cashew, sunflower, and soybean nut
    Jams and jellies
    Condiments such as ketchup, mustard, relishes and pickled foods, honey
    Dry grains, such as bread, crackers, pretzels, cereals
    Dried meats, such as pepperoni, salami, and jerky
    Fresh, uncooked fruits and vegetables, such as apples, bananas, oranges, berries, carrots, celery, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower
    Canned foods (when unopened), from fruits and vegetables to tuna and chicken to mac-n-cheese, to chile
    Dried fruits
    Nuts

I don't have a specific recipe, but that list should give you plenty of ideas!