T25 and other exercise.

Options
So I'm thinking of doing T25 in the new year. My question is can I do T25 with other exercises that I usually do. I swim 3x a week, run 3x a week, and do yoga 1-2 times a week. Can I combine T25 with these or should I just do T25 by itself?

Replies

• staceylaitinen
    Options
    I think you can do both! I love T25 because it pushes me hard but I don't do anything else. If you are fairly fit, and it looks like you are active, I don't see why not. There may be couple days you won't want to double up but maybe you will!
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    I think you can do T25 as well. you'll want to account for the extra calorie burn of course to make sure you are getting enough to eat. Listen to your body, if you feel overextended back it off some. When i was doing T25 i would couple with 4-6 miles fast walks a few times a week with no adverse impacts.

I have new Years T25 Challenge group going if you are interested. Basically, it's a group where we keep each other motivated, ask questions, share tips and nutrition info, etc. Add me as a friend and i'll send you an invite.
  • melissacone
    melissacone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and definitely would recommend both! Just make sure you are eating at least 1600 calories a day if you do. If you need help please enter my name as the coach ID (Melissa Cone). This way I can help you with monitoring your work out and nutrition. Or answer any questions you may have. I started T25 today. I have completed p90x, and Combat. P90X3 will be out on the 10th at an amazing price. If you would like more info on that let me know. They are only 30 minutes long!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and definitely would recommend both! Just make sure you are eating at least 1600 calories a day if you do. If you need help please enter my name as the coach ID (Melissa Cone). This way I can help you with monitoring your work out and nutrition. Or answer any questions you may have. I started T25 today. I have completed p90x, and Combat. P90X3 will be out on the 10th at an amazing price. If you would like more info on that let me know. They are only 30 minutes long!

I don't have anything to add about T25 and other exercise that hasn't already been said, I just wanted to give a shout out to Melissa for being upfront about being a BB coach. I personally appreciate the ethics and honesty after all the recommendations and AMAZING RESULTS posts I see from coaches who never bother to mention they are coaches.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up Gamma round and have had amazing results doing just T25 and walking 3-5 miles a day. I think you could easily combine what you are doing now with T25. I did not eat the recommended 1600 calories a day; I eat anywhere between 1800-2200 a day depending on my burn and my hunger.

Good luck to you!
  • robbrown3
    robbrown3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was pretty active and in shape before I started T25 and I quickly realized I could do T25 in the mornings before work and then lift in the PM so I know for a fact that it's possible. I did once try and do two T25 workouts back-to-back and had issues as the first one was legs and by the end of it I was spent
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback all.

Josh,
    I don't know if I'll join your challenge since I haven't bought the set yet and it's a bit expensive right before Christmas. But ty for the invite anyway!

Melissa,

ty for the info :)

Everyone else, I am usually pretty active and I eat between 1700-2200 calories a day depending on if I've exercised or not or if I'm hungrier than usual. As soon as I can get the set I will probably start doing it.