Skinless boneless chicken breasts baked plain calories?

Sorry this is annoying and repetitive but it bothers me because I can't find the "right" answer for months now.

I bake my skinless, boneless chicken breasts plain (no oil or butter, trimmed and beat thin), with just some sour cream on top (pretty much omit the calories from the sour cream it's like 10 cal a breast)

How many calories are in skinless, boneless chicken breasts when they're baked plain? I've been getting results from like 120-230+ for 4 oz. Not really sure what to believe, I should've weighed them raw but didn't think about it. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    You will have to weigh them to get a correct answer. I believe it's 120 calories per 4 oz raw. Don't quote me on that though!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,307 Member
    Here: enter this in the food search:

Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw

100g is 110 calories.

That is the MFP admin entered data, from the USDA stats.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    It is more accurate to weigh them raw, but since you didn't, weigh now, then search cooked chicken breast meat only. MFP has an entry for all different kinds of cooking.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    0 calories.

Because I refuse to eat something that tasteless.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    0 calories.

Because I refuse to eat something that tasteless.
    i add sauce afterwards lol.
  • cmriverside
    It is more accurate to weigh them raw, but since you didn't, weigh now, then search cooked chicken breast meat only. MFP has an entry for all different kinds of cooking.

Well, and chicken breast has no fat, so the weight lost by cooking is only water, so . . .negligible/meaningless for calorie-counting purposes.
  • obsidianwings
    Still more accurate to weigh raw as the amount of water lost can vary. Logging macros on cooked chicken breast is basically just an estimate of what it probably weighed raw and giving you the macros for that. Better than nothing still though.
  • cmriverside
    Still more accurate to weigh raw as the amount of water lost can vary. Logging macros on cooked chicken breast is basically just an estimate of what it probably weighed raw and giving you the macros for that. Better than nothing still though.

I wasn't arguing, just adding to your thoughts.

Whatev.

:flowerforyou:
  • obsidianwings

I wasn't arguing, just adding to your thoughts.

Whatev.

:flowerforyou:
    Oh, ok. Sorry :)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    it is 120 calories PER every 4 oz. and a lot of the breast are 6 to 8 ozs. So get a scale and weight your PRECOOKED food.
  • moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    My nutrition coach (and totally cut UFC fighter) does custom plans for people. He has me weigh chicken breast once it is cooked. I eat 4oz (cooked) and it's 185-ish calories, baked, plain...before any sauces.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    My nutrition coach (and totally cut UFC fighter) does custom plans for people. He has me weigh chicken breast once it is cooked. I eat 4oz (cooked) and it's 185-ish calories, baked, plain...before any sauces.

The most helpful reply ...thank you