Cheat day/Cheat meal

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    LOSE..sorry, spelling is a pet peeve..anyhoo....I have been known to eat higher calories..a chinese buffet meal..I usually never have a cheat day...as you can see, I have lost alot of weight since January, so I am sure alot of people can vouch that it is fine every once in a while and often offsets a plateau by tricking your bod....good luck too ya!

Well, if you're gonna correct others, please don't ever say alot! It's two words: a lot! :)

On topic: I don't think I would survive without cheating. (unhealthy) Food is incorporated in a big part of our life and it isn't always avoidable, and I don't think you should always want to avoid it!
    ... and "good luck to ya". :drinker:

OP - I think this is one of those things where you have to work out what works best for you. Some people swear by cheat days, and it helps them to stay focused through long periods of eating at a deficit. For me, I prefer to work the foods I enjoy into my daily diet. Additionally, there are days where I eat more than my goal, but not so much because I need to "cheat" (a word that imo feeds into the weight loss=deprivation mentality) but just because those days happen sometimes. Dinner out, birthdays, Christmas, or just because. Even now in maintenance, I sometimes go over, but I don't call it cheating.