Weight and being short, it's hard to stay thin.

Options
I'm 4'10ish and in the 130's, not great for somene so short. thing is going by BMI I should be closer to 100-110 and I know I can't maintain that. Ihave Turner Syndrome and we are prone to obesity and have underactive thyroids.
I am starting weight watchers and feel great thar I am not putting it off anymore. I was always,..I'll start my diet tomorrow.
anyways is it possive for me to be heathly at 135 or am I just fooling myself??

Replies

• kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how a target weight range for your height is 100-119lbs, you are not far off. You are simply overweight, not obese. By recognizing and starting the process you should shoot for 1-1.5lbs per week in weight loss, 1.5 may be a little aggressive. Slow and steady progress will allow you to then maintain the results you get. Weight watchers is a good program if you stick to it.

You can do this!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'1'' & 131lbs & feel great. The highest healthy BMI weight for my height is 132lbs. I am part Native American & obesity runs rampant in our culture, as does diabetes. I would love to be a size 3 US but am happy with a size 7 US. You should set your goal to lose 1lb a week & see how you are feeling. If it's too much, then set it as .5lb loss her week, if you think you can do more, then set it at 1.5lb loss per week. You can do it!
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Think of tomorrow your first step towards a new lifestyle change, not starting a diet. Think of all the positive habits you are going to start to create :)

Good luck
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but usually that is for people who have a rather low body fat %.

I would go for the slow and gentle approach i.e. moderate deficit and maybe increase your daily activities. The weight won't fall off, but over time provided you are accurate in your calorie intake you should see results. One issue is though that if you have a daily deficit of 200 cals you can't fudge your intake. Good luck :smile:
  • kinzieplatt
    kinzieplatt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what your weight is doesn't matter, as long as you are FIT is what counts :)