A day/night away from home - what do I bring?

Options
Hey! So, it's my birthday this weekend and I'm going on a tiny trip from sunday morning to monday afternoon.
I have no idea what I should bring with me as it won't be refrigerated (I don't think the hotelroom has a fridge) and in my bag for a long time. Extra info: I'm on a 45c/30p/25f diet with 1400 calories a day and I eat back my exercise-calories.
Dinner is not an issue though, because we'll be going out to dinner.
Please help! :)

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts, protein powder, vitamin, & a couple cups of fiber one.
  • emmamaybear
    emmamaybear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Can you use protein powder without a blender? And I'm afraid pop tarts/fiber one aren't available in the Netherlands, but I think I will find something similar! Maybe something like all-bran bars? Thanks a lot!

Also: Wow, you have lost a LOT of weight! Good on you!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You can bring a hard-boiled egg for a snack.

One of my new-found snacks is some PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and some really good, whole-wheat or Wasa rye crackers. Put the powdered PB in a small tupperware. Add water, mix, and you have peanut butter and crackers.

I also love figs, dates, and dried apricots. You can even cut a date in half lengthwise, and put in a bit of peanut butter. Two dates with peanut butter in the middle make a fantastic snack, or even breakfast.
  • elsyoommen
    elsyoommen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    if you know what hotel you are staying at you should call them and ask them about the fridge. In my experience most hotels will provide a mini fridge either upon request or for a small fee if they have them.

for short trips I always bring cut up celery, baby carrots and fruit. Sometime granola/protein bars and nuts also. I love dried fruits, but I try to avoid them personally as I can't handle the sugar levels.

I find that fruit/veg/fibre tend to be hard to come by if you don't bring them yourself. If you can get a fridge in your room, I would also bring greek yogurt and cheese.
  • emmamaybear
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
    I think I'm gonna go with some fruit, carrots, protein powder (it should work in a shake-cup right?) and some fiber-bars. Not really a boatload of protein, but it'll do for just one night/day!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    change of clothes, money, toothbrush.. Outside of that eat whatever.. 1 day won't ruin everything.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    change of clothes, money, toothbrush.. Outside of that eat whatever.. 1 day won't ruin everything.

Yup pretty much all you need
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    It's one day? And it's your birthday? I'm with those who vote you don't bring anything at all and enjoy yourself (within some degree of reason).
  • emmamaybear
    Options
    Well, yes, maybe I should consider having a cheat-24hours. It's just I have only started a week ago and don't want to risk thinking 'See, I can't do this, I should stop'. But maybe I should just let loose a bit and start again the day I return.
    However, bringing some healthy snacks won't hurt me, will it? :) Thanks for all the help!