Sigh, is it me? Or is it me?

Options
2»

Replies

• honeytgb
    honeytgb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're 21. You're just starting out in life. And if you feel like you are "flabby' and "not flat", let me tell you that you're at that peak physically where your body will respond to "punishment" (a.k.a. strength/weight training) like it's nobody's business!

You gotta workout with weights

~ Use the MFP diary to track your Carbs/Fats/Protiens.
    ~ Go to the gym and work out at about 45 minutes to an hour for 3-5 days a week.
    ~ Make sure you consume protein at about 0.7g to 1g per pound of body weight.
    (i.e. if you weigh 175lbs, you should consume about 125g to 175g of protein a day --- personally I'd start at the lower end of that range for the first year)

What weights should you start with?
    ~ Start with a weight where you can do about 12-15 repetitions in one go as the warmup.
    ~ Then for the same exercise, choose a weight where you can go 5-9 repetitions per set.
    ~ Do 1 warmup set + 3 full sets
    ~ Do not work out the same muscles/body part two days in a row --- leave at least a gap of one day in between
    ~ Working out each major body part once to twice a week is ample. Don't overwork it.

You will feel the result in one month. You will notice it in about 3 months. And most people will start complimenting you by about month 6. At the end of 1 year, you'll marvel at how far you have come.

Good luck!

PS: Looking at your profile pic, I thought "this kid's gonna be popular with the ladies". Stand tall, dude!

1990421.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools