• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    is this like the dennis system?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Website says...
    he Daniel Plan focuses on the core food groups of healthy carbs, healthy fats, healthy protein, healing spices, drinks, and super foods. And The Daniel Plan gives an easy guideline to use for any meal:

50 percent non-starchy veggies
    25 percent healthy animal or vegetable proteins
    25 percent healthy starch or whole grains
    Side of low-glycemic fruit
    Drink—water or herbal ice teas with

It's basically YACEP. I can't find any reference to maintaining a caloric deficit.

In fairness, I suppose, they keep talking about a "healthier" life, not a whole lot about a "drag less weight around life"....
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Also: Christians are the religious majority in the United States, and historic Christian privilege is deeply rooted in almost every aspect of American life. The same can't be said for the other religious minorities you mentioned. You realize there are Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs in the U.S. who literally fear being victims of a violent hate crime, right? Hence the sensitivity about hate speech. That cannot be said for Christians in this country--its kind of offensive to compare being mocked on a fitness forum to that.
    This. Thank you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd agree that ultimately weight loss is a numbers game, but the support system, accountability, and mind/body/soul approach are time tested. most 12 step programs use models that are similar.

What I don't understand are the personal attacks based on Warren's appearance. Not classy, no matter what values system a person uses they deserve to be treated with civility. Most people on here looked like Rick at one point or another - I was ten times tubbier! Mom's rule still applies, "if you can't say anything helpful, keep your mouth shut."

I think people jumped on this as a chance to bash a well known Christian and by proxy make fun prayer and of God- who isn't a vending machine obligated to spit out blessings whenever the prayer button is pushed. Would you have laughed and poked fun if the faith at hand was Islam? Wicca? Hinduism? How 'bout Buddha, he's a fatty. People are respectful of every faith except Christianity.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Let the firestorm begin. LOL
    I didn't bash him (for being christian or otherwise, as most didn't). I only really commented on the unnecessary (imho) food restrictions not supported by science. But yes, I'd be concerned that the clearly overweight man things he has the weight loss answer and is marketing it to others. I don't care what (if any) religion he professes to practice. He's well known, apparently powerful (I've never heard of him, so I'm just going off that website), and folks will follow his words. About religion and faith and about weight loss. Does he have the weight loss answers? I'm skeptical. I'd be equally skeptical if any well known person with a large following (who clearly has weight issues) published a book with the answers to weight loss. In fact, each time Oprah had "the answers" I questioned that. Openly.
  • brooklynnchick
    Options
    Also: Christians are the religious majority in the United States, and historic Christian privilege is deeply rooted in almost every aspect of American life. The same can't be said for the other religious minorities you mentioned. You realize there are Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs in the U.S. who literally fear being victims of a violent hate crime, right? Hence the sensitivity about hate speech. That cannot be said for Christians in this country--its kind of offensive to compare being mocked on a fitness forum to that.
    This. Thank you.
    LOL America is no longer a Christian nation - the U.S. shows more respect & commitment to Santa Claus than to Christ. President Barak Obama ended the tradition of hosting an Easter egg hunt at the whitehouse on favor of giving the funds to Muslim charities. I would have liked to keep the hunt but I love that our president is trying to reach out to a group that has been treated unkindly in the US. Strangely enough the money sent to the charity had the same serial numbers as money used by Al Qaida in weapons purchases made from UC intelligence agents. No good deed goes unpunished.

Even if your premise about US religious minorities in the US is true (which according to the latest FBI data on hate crimes, it's not) many if those religious minority groups came here to experience freedom of worship -it's this weird theme in American history. :-)

And anyway are how can you bury your head in US freedom of worship and ignore the global picture? How can you be unaware of the hundreds of Christians killed every day in Africa (Uganda, Rwanda Darfur, Kenya, Liberia, and others), China, Russia, North Korea, the Middle East? You're not aware of militant Hindus who tie Christians to trees (kids, moms, and men) and disembowel them? How about the fact that the Darfur and Rwandan genocides were, at the core, wholesale slaughter programs of Christians? Take a peek at the torture and killing of Christian relief workers in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and others.

Beyond religion-on-religion violence, check out last week's attack of men standing and praying around their cathedral as a way to protect it from the riotous vandalism being caused by a lesbian march for abortion rights in Argentina. These broad minded ladies maced, sexually and physically assaulted, spit at, and spray painted Nazi symbols onto the men who stood praying their rosaries. It's on Youtube, Google sources, and foreign newspapers but strangely hard to find in US media.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This. Thank you.
    LOL America is no longer a Christian nation - the U.S. shows more respect & commitment to Santa Claus than to Christ. President Barak Obama ended the tradition of hosting an Easter egg hunt at the whitehouse on favor of giving the funds to Muslim charities. I would have liked to keep the hunt but I love that our president is trying to reach out to a group that has been treated unkindly in the US. Strangely enough the money sent to the charity had the same serial numbers as money used by Al Qaida in weapons purchases made from UC intelligence agents. No good deed goes unpunished.

Even if your premise about US religious minorities in the US is true (which according to the latest FBI data on hate crimes, it's not) many if those religious minority groups came here to experience freedom of worship -it's this weird theme in American history. :-)

And anyway are how can you bury your head in US freedom of worship and ignore the global picture? How can you be unaware of the hundreds of Christians killed every day in Africa (Uganda, Rwanda Darfur, Kenya, Liberia, and others), China, Russia, North Korea, the Middle East? You're not aware of militant Hindus who tie Christians to trees (kids, moms, and men) and disembowel them? How about the fact that the Darfur and Rwandan genocides were, at the core, wholesale slaughter programs of Christians? Take a peek at the torture and killing of Christian relief workers in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and others.

Beyond religion-on-religion violence, check out last week's attack of men standing and praying around their cathedral as a way to protect it from the riotous vandalism being caused by a lesbian march for abortion rights in Argentina. These broad minded ladies maced, sexually and physically assaulted, spit at, and spray painted Nazi symbols onto the men who stood praying their rosaries. It's on Youtube, Google sources, and foreign newspapers but strangely hard to find in US media.
    WOW. :sick:
    ps:
    http://celebrate.today.com/_news/2013/04/01/17551456-obama-shoots-hoops-reads-to-kids-at-white-house-easter-egg-roll

this is quite a conspiracy then.
    :sick:

Clearly I wasted my time actually REPLYING to what you wrote previously. I won't make that mistake again. best of luck on your journey
This discussion has been closed.