Eating 1000 calories a day?

I am 6"3" 205-211 and I eat about 1000 calories a day just because I stopped eating when I'm bored. When I tell people this they are "I dont even eat that little and I'm a 5"3" girl!" why is this so surprising/bad? And why does everyone say I'm going to lose a massive amount of weight?

Replies

• Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    In b4 flame.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yeah..you'll lose weight. And hair. And muscles. And muscle tone. And perhaps consciousness. And skin conditioning. Seriously. I call massive troll.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Dis_gon_be_good.gif
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,137 Member
    Find something to do........maybe that will quell the boredom, something that involves moving away from the computer.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379 Member
    troll.gif
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    bwahaha!!! I love the gifs!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    YHogEYt.gif
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    It's bad because your body needs more than that to function, even if you stay immobile for an entire day...I'm talking brain, heart, liver, every organ in your body- they all need a minimum amount of calories to function correctly.

Yes, the weight may come off faster but it will not stay off- it will come right back on as quickly as if came off once you eat a normal amount. Also, losing weight this way could lead you to become "skinny-fat," where your body composition is one that makes you skinnier, sure, but still with a high body fat % (so are not 'firm'). I recommend you up your calories, start strength training if you don't already and make sure you are eating the right amount of macros, especially protein (to avoid muscle catabolism as much as possible)

Might I add that I have been on the road you are on, and the quick weight loss is not worth everything you will have to do afterwards to restore your hormone levels, muscle mass, and overall health.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    please just stay at 1200 cals
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    please just stay at 1200 cals

No. At his height and weight he needs to eat much more than 1200 calories, and he will still lose weight.
  • I seem to be having a similar problem. I eat approx. 1000 calories a day. The problem is that I don't feel hungry, and when I see that I am below my calorie intake I reach a point of confusion, as I am not hungry and don't know what to eat to increase my calories those extra 200, without increasing something else, like sugars. I also don't have any side effects, eg: headaches, etc.
    My average day is all bran flakes for breakfast, fruit and baked potato / soup / veggies / noodles for lunch, and dinner can be anything from mac and cheese, salad, veg platter / pizza / fish and chips, etc. If I get peckish during the day, I eat more fruit / veg / crackers, but I still rarely reach my calorie count, unless I eat something I shouldn't like pizza. Any suggestions on how to reach that balance?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    haha to those who responded to this with "I have the same problem.." then wth are you doing over weight????

To the OP my son is the same stats and he eats +4500 calories a day and works a physical job no exercise and is losing...slowly but still...

Give me a break...not eating when bored...try when hungry.....that will get those calories up.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    In b4 flame.

OP

OP

OP

OP

OP

1000 CALORIES FEEDS MY 8month Old baby cousin
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    You guys are posting some great gifs. ;)
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    is this a joke post???
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    in for troll-y mctrollerson!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Good luck with that. :drinker:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    I seem to be having a similar problem. I eat approx. 1000 calories a day. The problem is that I don't feel hungry, and when I see that I am below my calorie intake I reach a point of confusion, as I am not hungry and don't know what to eat to increase my calories those extra 200, without increasing something else, like sugars. I also don't have any side effects, eg: headaches, etc.
    My average day is all bran flakes for breakfast, fruit and baked potato / soup / veggies / noodles for lunch, and dinner can be anything from mac and cheese, salad, veg platter / pizza / fish and chips, etc. If I get peckish during the day, I eat more fruit / veg / crackers, but I still rarely reach my calorie count, unless I eat something I shouldn't like pizza. Any suggestions on how to reach that balance?

Starting your own topic would be good.

OP, that is seriously stupid to only eat 1000 cals - especially at your height, weight, and gender.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    For your height and weight, you're eating well under. My husband is 5'8 and 152 lbs and he requires more calories than what you're eating...way more.
This discussion has been closed.