Losing through healthy eating.

Hello, I'm looking for others who are losing weight through clean eating, I'm embarking on cutting out refined flours, salt, sugar and processed foods and opting for lean meats, eggs, brown grains and lots of fruit and veg, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to be friends? I have a lot to lose and I feel I need that support network to help me stay on the right track, it would be great to find people to swap recipes with and share successes and blips.

Happy Eating xx

Replies

• Tykk
    Tykk Posts: 153 Member
    Me too! I'm trying to find a practical balance that I can stick to. Do friend if you wish!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    You will probably get a bunch of backlash in this post so please be ready for that... a lot of people on MFP feel the need to defend their diet, even when it's not really necessary to do so.

That being said, I eat a "clean" diet for the most part. I call it eating "bro foods". Google bro foods if you've never heard the term. Basically I eat: egg whites, oatmeal, lean meats, steamed vegetables, canned tuna, brown rice, and fruit occasionally. I avoid most dairy (because I'm lactose intolerant) and try to stay away from overly processed food. Anything that is "man made" is what I try to stay away from. I also don't eat white grains -- like white rice or white bread.

With all that said, I don't take it to the extreme. I still have mayonnaise, half and half (for coffee), tostitos salsa, relish, and various other condiments. And if I have some calories left over and if It fits into my macros, then I will have something like popcorn or whatever else, if it sounds good at the moment.

I get the majority (90%) of my calories from bro foods because it keeps me full, keeps me from wanting to binge eat, and allows me to eat a greater quanity of food.

Doing this has helped me to lose 45 pounds and my skin has completely cleared up.

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    I recently started to embrace clean eating still getting used to being conscious of what I eat but I find it gets easier daily. I've also been working out daily as well. Feel free to add me I'm a daily logger and good luck on your journey