Replies

• PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    A follow-up: The holidays came and I plateaued.

I kind of set my goal to do that: I figured if I can get through without gaining anything, that would be good. I gained a few, lost a few and when the holidays and some other life drama settled down, I came out the other end at 199. But that seemed like a barrier, and I couldn't get past that.

Then about a week ago, I squeezed out another pound, down to 198 and MFP prompted me to recalibrate my calorie budget. My budget decreased a bit, and it seems like as I approach those points my weight loss always slows down. So the fact that I approached that during the holidays seems to be a double whammy.

A week comes and goes and I get on the scale this morning and what do you know? 197. I'm 3 pounds from "Normal" on the BMI charts, and about 10 pounds from my goal (I know my ticker shows 180, but anywhere in the 180s will be great; I don't need to get all the way down).

In other news, I missed my annual physical last fall. Not sure why/how, but it's now rescheduled for March. So I have a couple months to get my weight down to where my doctor will hopefully look at taking me off the blood pressure meds again (I got off them in 2005, then gained some weight back and got back on them).
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Aww yeah!

Congrats!
  • Mandi2bfit
    Mandi2bfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Another followup: Off the wagon, trying to climb back on. Got up to 225 in Sept., down to about 220 at the moment. Let's see if I can get back to sub-200 by the end of the year.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    For the first time in about 5 years, I weigh less than 200 lb.

I bet that feel good! Congrats!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Another followup: Off the wagon, trying to climb back on. Got up to 225 in Sept., down to about 220 at the moment. Let's see if I can get back to sub-200 by the end of the year.

Good luck, Paul!
  • johnbatzer
    johnbatzer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Onederland. If you were a boxer, you'd no longer be a heavyweight!
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Ha. Y'all need to read the whole thread. I'm a tubby again.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! Oh and congrats on your award too! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Whoot! congrats!
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    READ THE WHOLE THREAD, PEOPLE....
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You did it before, you can do it again. Difference is that this time you know what it takes. Good luck and keep posting :)
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah you did it once you can do it again
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    READ THE WHOLE THREAD, PEOPLE....

Ah yes, a bumped thread. Didn't catch that. sorry
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    ;)
  • PaulHalicki
    Options
    Terrible day. Awful day. Ate over 3100 calories. Oh yeah... burned almost 2400 calories on a bike ride. So all in all.... it was a good day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!