Beginner Frustration

Options
I've just started tracking in earnest and have managed to gain (!) 1 pound each day for the last 2 days. This is so frustrating and the reason (in the past) I quit before I've really gotten started. I'd really like some positive results to give me a bit of a motivational boost. You so often hear about people losing a nice bit of weight in the first weeks of a new diet change. Seems to be the opposite for me.

I'm also struggling with starting exercise again. I'm completely wiped out by a 20 min. cardio session. I feel exhausted rather than invigorated by my activity. This is discouraging too.

Any advice and/or encouragement appreciated.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You are using too small of a sample size to determine if you are succeeding or not. Give it more than 2 days. In fact, don't even weight yourself for the next 7-10 days. Then check your weight again. Your body weight fluctuates day-to-day because of water weight. It is going to be very frustrating at first, but if you stick to it, you will succeed.
  • Katsumii
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and don't weigh yourself every day. In all seriousness, I can gain 5 lb overnight, but it's just water weight or whatever. Check in on a weekly, or even a monthly basis. Giving up will get your no where, so just keep trying!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your logging??? Are you weighing and measuring everything you intake??? Weight loss starts there, you do not need exercise to lose weight.... If you are gaining weight you are eating more than you think.... Best of Luck
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You need to log & measure, but you also need to trust the process. It doesn't happen over 2 days, I'm afraid. I would suggest giving yourself even a couple of weeks to focus on eating, and add small amounts if exercise at a time. You WILL feel good as you adjust into a fitness routine, but right now you're body isn't used to it. I've been there!! It took me about a month before I simply didn't hate a 30 minute workout : ). You can also just do done walking at a brisk pace and try 15 min in the morning and another 10-15 minutes later in the day. Good luck :flowerforyou: