I'm not obese anymore!!!

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Hello MFP fam - I want to share with everyone because I am feeling super accomplished right now!!!

I started back on the road to getting healthy officially in March this year. In January and February I decided that at 242 lbs I was done being fat, so I lost a few lbs and then got back on here and really kicked into gear. My BMI was 39.1 ... O_O...yup - obese. I was miserable!!

As of yesterday, my BMI is now 29.5 !!!! I am now in the Overweight category and I'm thrilled!!!! I know that BMI isn't the best marker for body weight. But being that I still have a ways to go and I know that my muscle weight isn't a factor right now, it works to use this as a marker for my success for the time being. :)

Hard work pays off guys. Anyone feeling frustrated or mad that they aren't losing as much as the next person - please stop worrying about someone else's weightloss journey and focus on yours. Nobody will lose at the same rate as someone else. Just because your friend can eat a large pizza once a week and still lose 2 lbs doesn't mean you can. Find what works for you and stick to it! Every loss is to be celebrated, don't be mad that you "only lost .5 lb"...you could have gained that!

And one other thing - the only excuses blocking your success are the ones you allow yourself to have. I have autoimmune thyroid disease, I have issues with some foods, I've been up and down and around the block trying to figure out what works for me to lose weight healthily and consistently. When you THINK you have tried everything, you really haven't. You might be overlooking that one little thing that is keeping you from succeeding so keep pushing and keep on trying.

Love & hugs :flowerforyou:

** I'd love to add a photo here but I can't access photo hosting sites from work -_- so please refer to my profile photos for before/after/comparison pics :)

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss, well done x :flowerforyou:
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are making terrific progress! :smile:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    One of the best feelings!!! Go you!!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good for you posting because I also slipped into overweight territory last week and it didn't occur to me that it was a success story.

But it is, thanks for reminding me of my own success. And may we both get out of over weight territory in the coming new year.

starburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gif
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    thank you so much guys :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Congrats! Good for you posting because I also slipped into overweight territory last week and it didn't occur to me that it was a success story.

But it is, thanks for reminding me of my own success. And may we both get out of over weight territory in the coming new year.

starburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gifstarburst_multicolor.gif

It's definitely a success and congrats to you as well!!!!
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    happy for you
  • loriyeater
    loriyeater Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Super inspirational! Way to go!!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    thank you guys :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome achievement!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is a huge milestone! Congratulations!
    Just wait until you hit the "normal" category! You will be there soon! Keep up the great work!

PS - You look great on your profile pic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!