Carb Fat Protein percentages

Options
I'm looking to get some info on them, I never eat enough carbs, and always too much fat (healthy fats) and protein. I know I saw some posts about this, but I can't seem to find them now :/

Help?

Information of me for reference if needed:

29, 5'4", 225lbs. Calorie goal of 1900 for weight loss, and right now my goals for Carb Fat and Protein are 55% 30% 15% which, I usually over eat my protein and never eat my carbs (this isn't me trying to cut carbs, this is just how I eat, Apparently I eat a lower carb diet.)

ETA: I just looked at my Calorie breakdown for the last week, and I'm over eating my fat like WOAH, and the protein is over eaten but not as much.

I'm not sure what I should aim for. I'm surprised at how much fat I'm actually eating to be honest.

Eta the second: I also want to track my fiber, what's a decent fiber amount I should aim for? MFP is giving me 21g, but that doesn't seem like enough

Replies

• TheCredibleHuIk
    TheCredibleHuIk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fat does not make you fat.

Protein you should move higher, the MFP recommendations are terrible.

Percentages are not a great way to do things.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Use that website to calculate some proper numbers.

Fiber 20-35g is enough.
  • autumnslioness
    Options
    Yea, I know fat doesn't make me fat, I was just thinking my numbers were off. Though doing the IIFYM it's putting my protein and fat way high and it seems like it's a low carb thing.