I need some help

KristenAnn711
KristenAnn711 Posts: 783
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've eaten breakfast and lunch, now its nearing dinner time but not quite yet. I'm starving!! What should I eat to tide me over until dinner, which will probably take a lot of my calories.

Replies

• Have a pint of diet coke! nil calories and fills u up :smile:
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Water and then do something so that you are NOT thinking about food... being obsessed with what you CAN eat just makes you hungrier. Do something that usually makes you loose track of time.... or heck use the time as your workout for the day.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Water, a large cold glass and it's hard to suggest anything not knowing what you have. I have been eating those pringle stiks for a snack, they seem to do the trick or cherry tomatoes which I have by the dozens outside.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    :laugh: its good to have portion sized snack items around! Fruit cups are good for me when I'm on the go or just want something else to munch on in between meals. have you tried the 100calorie snacks they have many different ones to try, or just measure out whatever you have in the house, look at the calorie count for each item and get half! that always helps me! oh and those strings chesses are good to try! :flowerforyou:
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    I agree with the water. I try to have two glasses gone before each meal. If you do need a snack choose a healthy one. I'm snacking on banana slices with peanut butter right now. yum yum!
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Water is best, but I will admit when I hit those times I grab a diet coke.
  • COtoAK
    COtoAK Posts: 35
    Have a slice of ham or a boiled egg. The protein will satiate you and make you feel full.
    I agree with the water suggestion and now is the time you need to start thinking about those things that will, in fact, make you feel full.
    You also need to distract yourself.
    Go for a walk or run.
    Go and do 15 minutes of stregnth training.
    The Fly Lady says to time yourself for 15 minutes and do a quick clean of 1 room, and then 2, and the 3 and before you know it, you are 45 minutes closer to dinner.
This discussion has been closed.