Weight Loss Plan Critique

Options
I have an event at the beginning of February that'd I'd like to lose at least 8-12 lbs before. I'm already relatively lean, so it's "vanity weight" per se, but I'm in a weird profession that requires I be lean, and I essentially have performance reviews around then. Anyway, I've been struggling with my weight lately after years of undereating kind of messed with my metabolism. I started having binging problems this summer, gained 20 lbs and can't for the life of me get it off. So here's my plan for the coming 2months. I found I follow my diets much better when I don't give myself too much freedom Sound reasonable? I'll be doing interval cardio for maybe 10ish minutes everyday, as well as pilates core exercises and free weights (8-10 lbs for bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, etc). My job is also quite active. I'm gluten free by the way

Breakfast: 1.5 cups kamut puff cereal, splash of unsweetened almond milk, 1 egg or 2 Applegate Farms savory turkey breakfast sausages
Lunch: nonfat plain Greek yogurt with cinnamon and an apple or pear, 2 tbsp almond/peanut butter
Snack: Quest protein bar
Dinner: 400 calorie entree with at least 15g protein (something like an omelette with a bit of goat cheese, Amy's rice mac and cheese, shrimp stir fry over brown rice, etc), non-starchy vegetables (like 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli) and 1 cup grapes for dessert, 1 square dark chocolate

It's probably around 1200-1400 calories, which shouldn't put my body in starvation mode hopefully. I used to restrict heavily at night, and would try to satisfy myself with dinners of egg white omelets and shrimp just over veggies, but I'm realizing I'm MUCH less likely to binge on junk food if I actually eat a more substantial dinner. Doesn't necessarily need to be high-protein, but I can't feel super deprived. I calculated the approximate macros and it would come to
75g protein, 145g carbs, 45g fat. Sound like a solid plan? I want to lose 1-2ish lbs a week (I know muscle weighs more than fat...or is at least denser, you know what I mean...so I'm PRIMARILY going by being able to fit back into my pants and stuff)

Replies

• aclos3
    aclos3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The diet part seems OK, and it is good that you are thinking about moderating. I.e. not eating too light of a dinner and binging.

I have a question about your workout routine though. Is the 10 minute cardio just a warm up to the pilates? I know very little about pilates -- are they a moderate cardio workout? If the 10 minute cardio is the only cardio you are getting each day, I would increase the time to at least 30 minutes.
  • cl101
    cl101 Posts: 8
    Options
    The Pilates is not cardio. I do about 10 minutes of abdominal/back exercises to tone and build core strength. My work is very active and I often break a sweat running around all day (I'm not overweight to begin with or out of shape...my BMI is under 20 and I'm trying to get back into a size 0 in clothes, so it's not that I'm sweating from being overweight). I don't want to overexert myself chronically, especially since I'm generally quite sleep-deprived.