Under-Eye cream?

Options
smoofinator
smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
I've run out of my current facial moisturizer and I'm looking for an under-eye cream that will address dark circles and puffiness. Anyone have anything they swear by? Any home remedies I should know about?

I don't really have time to put cucumbers on my eyes every morning :glasses:

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I like Ole Henricksen's products.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I recommend ARTISTRY YOUTH XTEND Enriching Eye Cream
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've never used under-eye creams (I always figured I am too young to use them, even though I've always had bags under my eyes since I was a kid - I blame facial structure :ohwell:) but I do know that drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep at night is a simple and more cost efficient way of reducing the puffiness. I know you said you don't have time for the cucumber slices, but if you do have time there are lots of at-home remedies you can find online - I think mostly using hot/cold compresses. I vaguely remember seeing one about using leftover green tea bags and putting them on the puffy parts.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with avocado is holy grail material. I've been using it on and off because I like trying other products but I always find myself coming back to this eye cream. It really illuminates the darkness around the eyes, I love it. As for puffiness, well I don't really have that but the packaging does say it helps with that!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I might have to try this if it illuminates too! I use my Clinique eye cream and then still use a concealer to brighten the area.

Thanks for the tip, and thanks OP for the original post.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I only have minor puffiness and discoloration under my eyes (thank you Dad!).

I find that the iridescence in the Olay Fresh Effects lotion helps to cover up any minor discoloration I have--my skin looks more illuminated overall. I sometimes mix it with my BB cream for a little extra coverage all over my face.

For puffiness, I use Olay's Age Defying Classic Eye Gel--it's so helpful on mornings where my eyes look super tired or puffy.

I do keep a gel eye pack in my freezer, too (one of my friends just keeps a couple spoons in the freezer). If my eyes are severely puffy, I'll put the pack on my eyes (or the backs of the spoons--I cover them with a washcloth so they don't stick to your lids) for a couple minutes--the cold helps to constrict the blood vessels and can reduce swelling. Essentially, it kills two birds with one stone!

ETA: I also drink LOTS of water--proper hydration helps to keep your skin looking fresh and reduces swelling/darkness.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I haven't really found any product that works. For me, I need enough rest and good nutrition in order to combat the dark circles and puffiness. I use a good primer, concealer and foundation to cover them up.
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    Preparation H
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Preparation H

^^ This supposedly works wonders!!!!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Prep H is a vaso-constrictor, it actually will shrink the veins and blood vessels in your face. good for dark, puffy areas around the eyes...

BTW.....this post is wayyyyyyyyy different than i thought....
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay has excellent eye products.
  • JessyJaines
    Options
    I've started using ROC Retinol correxion Sensitive eye cream in the evening and Philosophy eyes wide open in the day time.

I have sensitive skin and neither of these bother my eyes. My eyes are starting look smoother and brighter
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross, but hemorrhoid cream is the best go-to cream to reduce under-eye puffiness and even smooth wrinkles.

And I quote: "The Hemorrhoid Treatment website states that over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream is effective in fighting the appearance of dark under eye circles. Be careful when applying the cream to your eye area. Hemorrhoid cream will burn if it gets in your eyes. For best results, wash and dry your face then apply the cream gently around your eyes using your fingertips. Allow your skin to absorb the cream for 20 minutes, then rinse off the hemorrhoid cream and pat your face dry. Your under eye area will be soft and puffiness will be reduced after using hemorrhoid cream topically." (from the LiveStrong website - but look it up yourself if you want more proof).

Way cheaper than expensive cosmetic creams, and can help with... ahem... multiple problems...
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    isn't that a cream for yeast infection?

Hahahaha DEAR GOD DON'T USE IT FOR A YEAST INFECTION, LADIES!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Preparation H

^^ This supposedly works wonders!!!!

Never tried it but I've heard from others it works great!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have very sensitive eyes, and my face is not dry. So, I need something extra gentle for just my eye area.

I use B.Kamins replenishing eye cream. It has zinc, copper, and vitamin K and is supposed to help with bruising and healing. I don't have those issues. I use it because it is so gentle and non-irritating (because it's for people that have had trauma to the eyes).

For some people it is just genetic to have a little darker skin around the eyes.