Do you all think Paris Hilton did or did not do this???

Options
Danny_Boy13
Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/paris-hilton-slams-nelson-mandela-martin-luther-king-jr-twitter-hoax-article-1.1539694

Reality star and heiress Paris Hilton slammed a fake tweet that claimed she had confused late South African leader Nelson Mandela with civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr. in the wake of Mandela's death yesterday.
"RIP Nelson Mandela. Your 'I Have A Dream' speech was so inspiring. An Amazing man," a tweet purporting to be from Paris Hilton's official account read.
Hilton claims that the tweet was mocked up, and slammed the writer.

'Obviously I know that speech was by MLK' Hilton wrote, referencing a tweet that claimed she confused thet wo.

"Whoever made that stupid fake tweet lacks respect to the loss the world is mourning right now," Hilton wrote. "Same goes for all the blogs who ran with it."
"Just landed & heard the sad news about Nelson Mandela. He was a true Hero & the world is a better place because of him. May he rest in peace," she wrote.
The 32-year-old continued, "I never wrote that tweet, it is a fake. Obviously I know that speech was by MLK."
Mandela died on Thursday at the age of 95 after a long struggle with illness.

Somehow I would not be the least surprised if it is discovered that she really did get the 2 mixed up... *SMH

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Nelson Mandela died?

At least we still get to see him when we look at a penny or a $5 bill.
  • latewinter
    Options
    it was a fake tweet but that doesn't stop me actually wanting to break her neck lol
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    She plays dumb and it pays off for her. Still it's non news imo she's a waste of space though I like her vids.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Would not shock me! A few years ago she was asked what type of store Walmart was? Her reply " a store that sells wall ART!!!!
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think she is a smart woman. She plays dumb blonde and has gotten excessively wealthy off it.

Say something stupid = get media attention = more $$$$$$

It's all a publicity stunt.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would hope she's not THAT stupid, but ...
  • tkdgirlms
    Options
    Nelson Mandela died?

Huh??
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    sorry but i think she did whats wal-mart how can she not know. but agree she probly looking for some hype considering her sing career is garbage
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Nelson Mandela died?

Huh??

LOL!!! I was thinking the same. Prolly just a play off of the article.