Made it to Onederland ! 70 lbs in 6 months , pics included .

Options
AmyZ46
AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
So I started at 270 on June 3rd .
First off let me explain about my work situation - I work on the North slope 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off . I stay in a camp that cooks the best food 3 times a day and coke a cola is free and dessert is always available .

My plan was to stop drinking soda (Coke ) and have a gastric sleeve surgery - but that's not what happened . When I stopped drinking soda I felt like I didn't want French fries or hamburgers anymore becasue they were no good without the delicious taste of coke.
Every meal was the same way , no I didn't eat that cake because for heavens sake I 'm giving up soda the cake is nowhere near as good as soda - If I'm going to just eat cake I may as well have a soda right?

I lost 15 pounds the first three weeks with no exercise ! I was so excited that after 6 weeks and 20 pounds lost I decided to add exercise .

I started walking at 2.4 for 10 minutes - that's all I could do then 15 minutes - then half an hour.
one day I went into our gym while I was at work and the power was off so the only exercise equipment that worked for cardio was the eliptical so I did 30 minute son it every day for a month . That made me realize that I can do more than just walk on the treadmill and I started venturing onto different machines. after losing about 30 lbs I joined a gym while I was at home . It was so hard to go in with all those fit bodies and people that knew what they were doing , but hey I knew how to use 3 or 4 machines by now so I did it .

Now , I lost more weight while at work every three weeks becuase I do 2 workouts a day , only because there is nothing else to do and I got used to it . While at home I do get out of the house a lot more than I used to hiking outside climbing flat top ( small mountain 720 ft or so )

I am just now feeling " normal sized " I love it . I will be going to Louisiana in 5 days and I can't wait until my family sees me !

I could not have done it without my support system both in my work place and my family as well as MFP , and the challenges on this site . lol.
My life has changed so much for the better . I can hold my grandchildren easier and play with them . I can hike and run and cross country ski !

k4a4g0.jpg
2h5l0ur.jpg
5y9sw1.jpg
2vhw2zr.jpg
this dress was the one I wore like 11 years ago ,I really wanted to get back into it - this picture was about a month ago !

49 pounds to go !
2qir33s.jpg

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look great!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Great work! you look wonderful!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look FANTASTIC!!! So happy for you!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you!! Giving up cokes is hard as is starting a new lifestyle..well done!!!!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!

And, I know what you mean about not wanting certain foods when you stopped drinking Coke (that saying "things go better with Coke" really is true, at least it was for me). But, I found that I just didn't want things like fries, buttery popcorn, etc., all the bad salty stuff, unless I could have a Coke with it. Making that one change does make a difference!
  • Christina2189
    Christina2189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You look FAB!!! I'm almost there and can't wait!
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cheers!
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic inspiration you are Amy!!! If people actually knew how plentiful good food is available up on the Slope, they would be even MORE impressed. Where else can you just walk in and help yourself to ice cream, donuts, cookies, and not to mention soda?

You are rocking the whole 'onederland' vibe!

Great job!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    My plan was to stop drinking soda (Coke ) and have a gastric sleeve surgery - but that's not what happened . When I stopped drinking soda, I felt like I didn't want French fries or hamburgers anymore, because they were no good without the delicious taste of Coke.
    Every meal was the same way , no I didn't eat that cake because for heavens sake, I 'm giving up soda! The cake is nowhere near as good as soda! If I'm going to just eat cake I may as well have a soda right?

I like the way your mind works!
    Sometimes it's just "one thing" falling into place that makes everything else easier.
    Congratulations on your achievement!
    Best wishes for losing that final 49 pounds!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're AMAZING! What a wonderful job, you've done! Congrats!!!
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    What a fantastic inspiration you are Amy!!! If people actually knew how plentiful good food is available up on the Slope, they would be even MORE impressed. Where else can you just walk in and help yourself to ice cream, donuts, cookies, and not to mention soda?

You are rocking the whole 'onederland' vibe!

Great job!

So true , you don't know how many times I just brought a prepacked lunch becaus egoing into the dining room at dinner time was just too much temptation for me they cook so much good food - they do have healthy things to but the poached fish is right next to the jalapino poppers ! or the mashed potatoes ,or the berry cobbler ... oh no lol so I just packed something from lunch when I knew they had hard to resist foods ..

Thank you !!
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks everyone and I am tearing up right now because I can't believe it was my turn to post a success story ! I am overwhelmed by your support . I never thought I could do this

I told my husband on June 2nd that I did not have it in me to start " another " diet , but I guess that's not what I did ..I started a lifestyle change because I do not feel like I am on a diet at all .

Thanks again !

Amy
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You've done Great!!!!
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats!
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Nice job.
  • Maewhet0126
    Maewhet0126 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're a great inspiration to us all, showing how just small changes can lead to really great things. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!