Gift ideas for parents who have everything?!

Options
BlueBombers
BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
I figured I would ask you fine folks out there for some Christmas gift ideas for parents who have everything. My parents are in their 60s, have everything, and don't go out a whole lot (as in movies, theatre, restaurants, etc.). I have no idea what to get them. They keep telling me they don't want anything but they have been taking care of my kids for me while I work since they were toddlers and I really want to give them something to show them that I really appreciate all their help through the years.

I have searched the web, walked through countless stores and still nothing. :sad: Any ideas?

Edit: I have already given them Grandparents frames, ornaments, pictures of the kids, you name it....

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    A Banzai tree...

or herpes, I bet they don't have that yet.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A Banzai tree...

or herpes, I bet they don't have that yet.

I sure hope they don't!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    If I were a Grandpa, I would take no greater joy than watching my grand kids be happy, laughing, singing.

So a Christmas play or a good memory that you could leave them with...a gift doesn't have to be something you can hold in your hands.
  • AOK77
    AOK77 Posts: 6
    Options
    ..something made by the kids...there are lots of ideas if you google your kids age and homemade gifts that can be done.
    ..netflix, movies delivered to their house
    ..new food/snacks. My sister made my grandparents homemade soups that were frozen and available in their freezer for them to eat whenever they wanted.
    ..merrymaids, someone to come clean the house for them. Convince them it is a treat to have someone else clean the floors & dust.
    ..toys for your kids to enjoy only when at grandma & grandpa's house.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    My parents are always a fun of homemade gifts from my kids, but each year my little sister and I try to pitch in to get them something to show we appreciate them. In the past we got them a couple massage, a weekend stay at a bed and brekfast, and we once bought them a tablet so that they could skype with the grandkids (I'm in Nebraska, they are in Florida). We don't go big every year, but sometimes when we have the funds we like to make sure they get something they can use together.
  • cheekymcgee
    Options
    Pay for a housekeeper for a couple months.

A photo book of them with your kids.

Some great candles and pampering items.

Buy them a photo session with a local photographer.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Search Pinterest, and you will find some really great things for the kids to make them! I know my parents like those things better than anything we have ever bought them.

Or if you are a scrapper, I got my parents a table top picture album and every couple of months I will send new pictures of the kids to add to it.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Make them a scrapbook of memories with gift cards. For example:

Page one: I have so many great memories of drinking coffee at your kitchen table and just talking for hours (attach a $10 Starbucks card)

Page two: dad, you've always helped me with projects and made me see the value of being able to work with your hands (attach $25 Home Depot card)

Page three: mom, you take such good care of my kids and love them so much. Your home is always full of warmth and joy. Your hands are always open to help me (attach gift card to beauty parlor for manicure)

Etc Etc etc

Thoughtful and generous
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    a coffin.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Alcohol? My dad loves the beer a month club!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    a gigolo