299!

Options
I reached a major personal milestone today!!

From today's blog:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ChasingKatie/view/299-601242

I've been waiting to weigh 299 for so long. I haven't been below 300 since 2009, then in 2010 quickly shot up to 370 and have been stuck here ever since.

Patience
Diligence
Resilience

I've been weighing daily all week, watching the tenths slowly tick down. I am pretty sure today will be the day, but I take all caution this morning. I normally weigh in my t shirt and underwear. Today I am going topless.

My scale is my spare bedroom, where I keep the blinds open for my cats to look out the window from their posh kitty condo. It was predawn so I thought it was safe to turn off all the lights in the house, and wander in there with just my undies on, and not worry about the window.

I step on the scale, the blue light illuminates me like a Christmas tree. I patiently count before looking down. Please just give me 299.9, I promise to be happy with that.

What? I laugh. I laugh until I cry. I grab my shirt hanging near by and cry into my shirt.

Then I recall I'm standing nearly naked in front of the window, crying.

Months of hard work, months of never giving up, months of moving my *kitten* until it wont move anymore.

Patience
Diligence
Resilience
Or 298, I suppose.

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    This is frickin' wonderful. Good For You!
  • hubb6364
    hubb6364 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

It's great that you are finding milestones and celebrating them when you achieve them!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a wonderful feeling. I am trying to get to 199! I haven't been there in so many years it's hard to imagine. I am close, but the holidays are here. MFP really helps to keep a rein on holiday munching by tracking the reality of my habits. Think I will make it in near future. Congrats to you for a big milestone! Keep up the good work.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done amazing work! We started around the same weight (although mine was higher) and I remember that day so well. I think I logged on to MFP and posted "GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!1111ELEVENTYONE!!!! I AM UNDER 300!"

You have every right to cry, to laugh, to jump up and down, to celebrate. You did an amazing and difficult thing, and I am so proud of you, stranger. You have done something wonderful for your health and future.

*APPLAUSE!!!!* *CHEERS!* *WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

And of course, keep up the great work :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    amazing job and congratulations keep it up
  • sasouna
    sasouna Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Keep it up.. :flowerforyou:
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I love how you describle the scene.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So very happy and excited for you !!! We both reached a milestone today so we can do the happy dance together !!! You look great BTW .... cute pic...
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Keep up the good work.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Im really pleased for you. Well done and good luck getting to your GW ;)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wonderful achievement!
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Good on ya! Keep it up and you'll be laughing and crying and turning cartwheels for your next milestone! Rock on girl!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 299! I will see you at 199 real soon!
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great work and dedication!!!!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    While I've been working on losing fat, crossing the 300 pound threshold has been my favorite milestone.

Congrats!
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yay! congrats!
  • neapel
    Options
    AWESOME!!! this is wonderful !! congrats ..but make sure you never go back ! Whenever I pass a milestone that was hard to reach I try to think of that only when i get weak about my goals just how hard I worked to get there and that I am not going back .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!