Who forgot your old weight first?

Options
Did you or your coworkers or family forget how big you used to be first. I want others to see me as I am now and not constantly think of me as the previously fat girl (when I get to goal). I just saw a pic of me 40 lbs more and it is even hard for me to remember being that big. But is that how others still see me?

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    The people who see you the most often forget first. It's the people who see you less often that will remember longer.

I used to be about 40-60 lbs heavier in highschool (which was 15+ years ago). When I run into people from highschool, their reactions are always the same...they are shocked and comment on how small I am. I have pretty much completely forgotten that I used to be a fat kid. I mean, for ME, it's been over a decade that I have been this size.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've had a few coworkers tell me that they don't remember me at my larger size.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yup, as said above it's those who see you infrequently who remember your old weight. My boyfriend, who I live with, barely notices y weight loss until he sees an old pic and he's always astonished. He just sees me as I am now (although he always liked how I looked so maybe he's not a good example). But my friends who live in TO and come home once a year are always the ones who notice the loss. I don't see it as a bad thing - they may be the ones who think of me at my old weight but they're also the ones who most notice the drastic change so it's rewarding to see them.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Everyone at work has forgotten that I have lost weight. My husband keeps saying I look very, very thin (he likes me thin, but wants me to maintain, not lose more, which is probably for the best). My family think I look skinny skinny. I think I look how I remember myself always looking. I can't remember how I looked heavier.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My work colleagues say they never thought i was *that* big anyway. When they see pictures of before and now they're like "wow!"
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I still seem to forget I have lost the weight till I go try on clothes.