high protein low carb meal plan ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• that sounds like a ketogenic diet. you cut out almost all carbs but you need the protein and fat. just look for some ketogenic recipes.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did south beach when I tried the low carb and it worked well for me but is something I could never do more than one month. I try to keep my carbs 100-150g....higher on days I workout. Keep in mind I am 5'8" and 197lbs so my macros may be different than yours. My protein is 130gs and the rest is fats. The main draw back to the low carb is low energy. I find it hard to get a good workout in when I am low on energy.
    I would look up south beach phase one recipes to help you out. I think the no sugar (including fruit) shocked my system and is why I lost so much so quickly but keep in mind it is hard to stick to and not for long term.
  • jenn_in_sj
    jenn_in_sj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have started high protein and low carb eating for breakfas and lunch and then I try not to worry too much about dinner. For breakfast I have been having scrambled eggs with cheese. I eat lunch at my desk at work every day and I have been bringing sliced ham wrapped around sliced cheese (and sometimes i roll it around half a celery stalk for added crunch), 1 ounce of lightly salted mixed nuts, 1 fruit or veggie snack, and a yogurt. Very low carb and high in protein. I too am looking for more low carb options. Someone suggested chef's salad to me. Might try that. It's full of meat and egg and carbs from the lettuce would be negligeable. Hope that gives you some ideas. :)