Just finished 30DS

Options
And I am THRILLED.

This is my first post here, I have been lurking for months and then finally registered about a month ago. I am just getting started on my fitness journey and have found so much encouragement and support even without a single post. I just wanted to share my first fitness victory in the hopes that it will encourage somebody else who was in the same place I was a month ago.

I was very fit as a teenager, but became very inactive in my early twenties due to illness and health problems (mainly asthma/mono/recurrent pneumonia/knee injury from overtraining). To be honest, I had given up on ever being a "fit" person again and has resigned myself to the fact that although I was at a healthy weight, I would never be in great shape again.

About a month ago I decided to give being active a shot again and I settled on the 30 day shred because I wanted something that would be easy to follow and a good beginner routine with lots of modifications. The first few days I was so sore I could barely walk and was quite literally limping everywhere! However, I didn't miss a single day and kept hitting that play button and found myself getting stronger and stronger and the workouts easier and easier! Some days I HATED it but I kept going telling myself that if I was still feeling awful on day 30 then I could take a break.

I am so pleased to say that I am now feeling GREAT. I didn't take measurements (wish I had) or weigh myself (I have always been slim and not concerned with losing weight) but I can see more defined muscles and am noticeably stronger. I actually look forward to my workouts now and cannot wait to get started with my next routine.

I am so glad I kept going and just told myself to treat it as an experiment-- I never thought I would be doing pushups again!

I know I am still beginning my fitness journey but I just wanted to say thank you to all of the MFPers who have unknowingly encouraged me along the way and I cannot wait to see where this road will take me!

Replies

• SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great job! You did a fantastic job making it through the 30 days. I'm doing the 30ds again. Like you, have some good and bad days but noticeably stronger and toned.
    Good luck on your journey of fitness!
  • 26hendrix
    Options
    Well done!! I loved the 30DS but gave up as I got to level 3 a month ago. I think I might have to dig out my DVD and give it another go today!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great job! I just completed day 21 today, it feels great!