Smoothies

Options
Dandman1990
Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
Hi everyone.

I know this is probably an overdone topic, but does anyone have any good smoothie recipes? I know I could find quite a few by simply Googling them but I was hoping to get some feedback from real people and not just random ideas.

I'm using a fairly cheap and yet surprisingly good blender (hey, I'm a student!) and I'm not a big fan of having seeds in my drinks after i tried watermelon and didn't get rid of them. This has put me off trying other things like kiwi and raspberries. I also don't have a clue where to begin when making veg into smoothies, as I don't really like ginger (which seems to appear in almost all of the ones I've looked at). I also don't like beetroot; other than all of that, I'm good, lol.

Replies

• WhiteWanderer
    Options
    Hey! Just thought I'd share with you one of my favorite smoothie ideas. My typical dairy-free breakfast/snack smoothie consists of the following: 200 ml low cal cranberry juice, a medium banana, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries and 2 tbsp crushed pineapple - which roughly translates to about 210 calories per serving.

Seeds aside, I also love mixing up my combinations by adding strawberries, raspberries, mangoes, pomegranates or mandarin oranges. So as long as you like the combination of fruits and/or juices you use, the simplest methods always tend to work out best.

Wishing you the best in your search for more recipes. Take care!
  • raestanke
    raestanke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got a Blendtec blender over a month ago (actually his idea) and I have litterally used it everyday to make green smoothies. I looked up what the best tasting green smoothie was for a first timer online, and they suggested a strawberrie banana one. I tried this and it was amazing! I always add spinach or kale to my smoothies, but I vary the fruits to whatever I want to try, including blackberries, raspberries, pineapple, oranges, apples, kiwi, star fruit, mango, pomagranet, bananas and even grapes! I don't add anything other than the fuits and veggies besides water, but some people add yogurt or different things. I sort of put together whatever I want, then add up all the fruit I used into mfp to get the calories (or check before hand so I don't go over). It really looks kinda scary because it is green, but you litterally can't taste the spinach at all! I usually drink one for breakfast or lunch. Here is the Strawberry Banana recipe. Good luck and hope you like it!

Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie

1 medium banana
    4-6 large strawberries
    2 cups/handfuls spinach
    1 cup water
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi! My brother recently bought a Vitamix Blender, so I'm thinking of buying him and his wife some type of (green) smoothie book of recipes. Any suggestions?