Gazelle

Options
Has anyone used the gazelle and tried to record it for exercise? If so, what did you add it as or how did you figure out the calories?

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I have used the Gazelle a lot. I use the fatburn website in my signature below. They have the gazelle in their database.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate the gazelle with a passion. My wife had one and I tried it a couple times, but I never felt like I was doing anything as there was no resistance. I could see this being a machine for a person that is really out of shape, but definitely not for a person that is able to walk any sort of distance. There are many more exercises out there that will give you a better workout. I would suggest doing the couch to 5k workout.
  • DeeW99
    DeeW99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I will look into the fatburn.com. I am trying to use the Gazelle because I am unable to walk very far or do much of any type of exercise at the moment due to medical issues with my back/hip/leg. I am hoping this is more gentle. Time will tell. Hopefully in time I will be able to add other forms of exercise if this gets me moving alittle better. Thanks again.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I had a machine just LIKE the gazelle but it was called something else...
    Anyway, with diet and that for exercise (plus some other gentle exercise) I lost weight at the time....several years ago.
    Good luck!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I will look into the fatburn.com. I am trying to use the Gazelle because I am unable to walk very far or do much of any type of exercise at the moment due to medical issues with my back/hip/leg. I am hoping this is more gentle. Time will tell. Hopefully in time I will be able to add other forms of exercise if this gets me moving alittle better. Thanks again.
    You can actually burn quite a few calories with the Gazelle. I still use it if I am stuck at home and can't go out and run. I think it would be low impact for you. But like a lot of machines that are man-powered, you get what you put into it. I am just happy for you that you are still trying with all your physical issues! Great Going! Keep it up, and I hope things get better the more you do it!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Bump :)
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my gazelle and I think it's an awesome low-impact workout. Instead of resistance, YOU control the resistance. I feel more muscle gain using the gazelle vs. using an elliptical.

Keep it up!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I LOVE my gazelle and I think it's an awesome low-impact workout. Instead of resistance, YOU control the resistance. I feel more muscle gain using the gazelle vs. using an elliptical.

Keep it up!

Just got mine yesterday! Got a good deal off Craigslist and got it and the ab rocker for $75!
    Was glad to find this thread with the link for calories burned because thus far the counter on this thing is making absolutely no sense to me whatsoever! Im thinking new batteries may be needed, if not, this link is going to be used daily :)
    Now I need to find out how to figure calories burned on the ab rocker!
    Hinting to Hubby for HRM for my BD :)