looking for easy low calorie recipes?

Options
GoBucks34
GoBucks34 Posts: 75 Member
something I can make quick that is very healthy and low calorie? Also, looking to make a lot and then freeze portions so I can just take it out and heat it up quick. I need something that I can eat quick because I am on the go all the time. So something I can freeze please. LOL. Thankis.

Replies

• jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can google "easy low calorie recipes" or try Amazon for cookbooks.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hm I don't freeze stuff too often to know of any particular recipes that work great, but I read this article on skinnytaste the other day and thought I'd share it to help you out :smile: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/how-to-make-your-favorite-meals-freezer.html
    And there's this! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/healthy_freezer_recipes
  • patchycat
    patchycat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cook all the time and am constantly looking for low calorie/low sodium/cholesterol recipes too! I really like Cooking Light magazine (but also the website has all the recipes too) and there are also some great recipes on Hungrygirl.com. What type of cuisine do you like?
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    No actual recipe for you here, but try pinterest for soup recipe....they have a ton, and quite a lot more fat.

I throw whatever veggies I have into a pan and season and go from there usually.

Love some soup.:smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    I find braised chicken recipes, easy and they freeze and reheat well. Google Coq Au Vin, Chicken Cacciatore, and Chicken Tagine. Essentially you brown the chicken, then add the cooking liquid and vegetables and braise until done.
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    I make Chilli with turkey mince to lower the calories. I usually make a big pan full and eat it over a couple of days or freeze it in individual portions for later on in the week. It's yummy and very filling & you can mix up the variety by having it with different things.
    I have it with a jacket potato/potato wedges, rice and also with pasta and a small amount of cheese on top baked in the oven until the cheese bubbles (kinda like a pasta bake).
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Chili and soups/stews freeze really well. I make a lentil soup that is quite thick, more like a stew - and it is very satisfying. I don't have a recipe because it depends what I have on hand but basically, lentils, lots of veggies, broth, a can of stewed tomatoes, hot sauce and a bunch of spices because I like it hot.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love the web blog Skinnytaste.com. Gina has posted hundreds of healthy recipes that are easy, and the nutrition counts are right there/