Cheat meals or days - good or bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've allowed myself a couple when I was really craving something that could possibly not fit in my calories. But by having it early in the day I've found that I still stayed under my calories, because it typically fills me up so much I'm just not hungry the rest of the day anyway. The only times I went over was when I had it in the evening (Thanksgiving or that night I was starving and we could only find a restaurant with no nutrition info so I just said screw it). Both times it didn't seem to affect my weight loss one bit (I was over TDEE by 500 the first time, 100 the second).

But overall I can fit what I want within my calories (my goal is 1600) pretty easily.
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided that I'm not ready for cheat meals yet. I need the structure and control of being accountable. :)
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I try to have little bits of things I'm craving and that usually curbs it for me. I've found if I'm allowing myself a "cheat day" I've already fallen off the wagon little bits at a time and I've just been rationalizing bad choices to myself for days. But that's just me, I can talk myself into anything :laugh:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided that I'm not ready for cheat meals yet. I need the structure and control of being accountable. :)

Good decision. I hope it goes well for you.