Looking for a Dedicated Accountability Partner

Options
I am pretty awful at losing weight. It is truly one of the hardest things that I have ever done. But I have discovered that it is easier for me to lose weight with a great diet partner. I did this early this year. I met a great partner. I lost 40lbs with her. Talking to her when I feel tempted and vice versa, and charting nightly our daily calorie intake. And also completing workout programs together occasionally. But unfortunalely, something happened to her that made her want to take a break from her diet. Unfortualtely, I lost motivation because I stopped charting too. And gained every pound back. Although we still remain good friends, I am in search of a new partner. A female preferably who wants to lose over 50 lbs starting January and doesn't mind sharing their good and bad calorie numbers daily on google drive in a chart. Someone competitive yet supportive at the same time. Maybe we can even swap a few healthy recipes by email. Are you that someone? Please I need help and I am willing to help you. We can reach our goal if we stay focused.

Even if you are not in search of a partner, I am new here and looking for new adds, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• LadyRavenSA
    Options
    I would love to chat with you, and be an accountability partner. I also had 1 or 2 the last time I lost weight, and it definitely helps a lot! I'm not sure about logging calories, as I don't typically have time to sit and fill out what I ate, etc, but all the rest I can do. :bigsmile:

I'll add you now, and feel free to message me anytime. :smile:
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love an accountability partner. I have always been very intermittent with logging and need someone to work with.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You are WISE! Having an accountability partner is very important when you have goals to reach. You're always assured of encouragement, constructive critique, and the knowing that you are NOT alone in your quest!
  • LovzJesus
    Options
    you can friend me, I started 9 days ago & have been pretty successful at logging in everyday, I am fighting diabetes & am doing this to save my life, so I am very motivated
  • SlimMeIn2014
    Options
    Just a few days to go. I am super excited and ready. Thanks for the encouragement guys.
  • SlimMeIn2014
    Options
    I would love an accountability partner. I have always been very intermittent with logging and need someone to work with.

Glad to have you. We can do this.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I don't fit your profile with what I need to lose, but you are SO RIGHT in that Accountability means so much.

I run accountability and Challenge Groups on Facebook as a Beachbody coach. I don't normally say that in a thread

I commend you for realizing exactly what I, and our organization believe, is that having that accountability can mean the difference between success and failure!!!!

I try to be as helpful as I can here too!!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like.

You've done it before, so you know what it takes. You Can do this!
    Nancy
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find an accountability partner. I'm looking to lose 30 lbs (currently 175, goal is 145).

This is actually my second time losing weight! I lost 65 lbs between June 2011 and March 2012 (from 215 to 150 lbs). But once I got to my goal weight, I went back to my old "lifestyle" because I saw smart eating and exercise as a punishment and not as a healthy way of life.

For a partner, I'd be looking for someone to chat with a few times a week, check-in on each other, share workout ideas and recipes, and generally keep each other motivated. PM me if interested!

Thanks