Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need a mock mash potato recipe

kamakazeekim
kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
I tried making mock mash potatoes and they were terrible!!!!! Are there any tried and true recipes out there that taste good?

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Steam a head of cauliflower that is chopped into a few pieces. Place the steamed cauliflower in a food processor. While food processor is on, add 1/4 brick of Philadelphia cream cheese, a few tablespoons of butter and add cream to desired consistency (usually about a tablespoon or two). Add salt and pepper to taste. The cream cheese gives it an amazing taste. Good luck.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I tried making mock mash potatoes and they were terrible!!!!! Are there any tried and true recipes out there that taste good?

Yep. Real mashed potatoes.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    tumblr_ly41o3NAm21r3zat8.gif

Not this...
    Steam a head of cauliflower that is chopped into a few pieces. Place the steamed cauliflower in a food processor. While food processor is on, add 1/4 brick of Philadelphia cream cheese, a few tablespoons of butter and add cream to desired consistency (usually about a tablespoon or two). Add salt and pepper to taste. The cream cheese gives it an amazing taste. Good luck.
    It's going to be as high in calories and fat as mashed potatoes. It might be tasty, but if what you want is mashed potatoes, why bother?
  • ujjz
    ujjz Posts: 24 Member
    Because low carb/low GI diets.. and because cauliflower is delicious.
  • I roast the cauliflower to add depth of flavor, then a dollar of sour cream and garlic salt to taste (be careful not to go too heavy handed)--in food processor or with blender wand.