what do you eat to curb binge cravings?

Options
I always binge.... its becoming a habit and I would like to know what do you guys eat when you get the urge to binge on something. i just binged on cookies and I wish i had some support to stop me but I dont.
:(

Replies

• misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Berries! Because I can fill up on them for next to no calories. And lots and lots of water!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I'm the same way. The ONLY thing that helps me is to not have stuff like that in the house at all. Which is hard because I have a husband who thinks he has to have sweets (but could stand to lose a good 30lbs himself) and a 10yr old.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    STOP!!! (I hope that helped. :flowerforyou:)

I eat snacks with protein... if I think I can stand not eating the whole block, I'll have a serving of cheese, otherwise low-fat yogurt is my go-to snack. The protein helps curb the "hunger", and the salt/sweet flavour gives me satisfaction. (I *never* eat carbs to curb cravings, they just make the cravings worse.)
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hmm, berries are an excellent idea, they're also very low in sodium. I will try that next time. Water is a great idea too. Thanks
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i already ate the cookies :(

yea, i can eat yogurt with berries in it! Im going to step out and buy some yogurt when the babies head to sleep. Thanks guys
  • ashley170
    ashley170 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, rice cakes, xylitol gum, celery with peanut butter (cold, so it's chewy).

Anything that has appropriate calories and sugar but a huge chewing mass so it feels like I'm still pigging out. The cold peanut butter thing is great because it takes so much effort to eat it that you feel full very quickly.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Please check on your proteins and see if you are running low. Protein shortage will cause you to binge because the body is craving something. I found when I keep my proteins balanced I do not have cravings. That may not be it at all you may want to consider keeping raw veggies and fruit handy or package up some low calories snacks like dry cereal. Make sure you are getting enough fiber and water because those will keep you feeling full longer. God Bless, brenda