Net Calories Again

Options
Hi,

This might seem like a silly question but ive been on here a while but not stuck to any diet i've tried but in the right frame of mind now and im beginning to enjoy the healthy lifestyle .. I know im supposed to use my Exercise Net Calories but what if i dont and say my NET cals are 600 a day, but im on a 1200 Calorie a day regime.. im only eating 600 cals? Will it still cause weight loss, stall ... ?

Paul

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul. Since you asked, you may want to bump up those calories a bit. Perhaps you will not "stall" or have your hair fall out or lose your teeth immediately. The most important thing in losing weight is to balance the benefits with the risks. It's always better to eat at a healthy deficit (usually 10 - 15 % at most) to your TDEE to help your body lose some fat without losing a bunch of muscle at the same time.

Short term, eating at 600 calories a day will probably produce weight loss and not be too detrimental. However, eating this way for weeks or even months is just not the healthy way to go. You need to fuel your body for the demands that you are putting on it. Good luck.