ADVICE??? books 4 home workouts

Options
I have a few people that have asked me what I want for Christmas .... one thing is a bicycle. However the other is a book on free weight exercising at home. Everyone typically suggests NROLFW but I hear that a lot if equipment is needed to go with the book & workout plan. I live in a mobile home & have very little space for extra equipment. The most I could add would be a barbell & a modest amount of plates & a few more sets of dumbbells.

That being said... can anyone suggest a good book or confirm/deny that the Men's Health Home Workout Bible is a good book to start? Please note that advising me to "create my own plan " is nit sound advice in my humble opinion because of the risk of injury due to my minimal lifting knowledge. I want a book with solid advice, eating plans, workout log sheets & preferably compound exercises vs isolation.

Replies

• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    They have a womens health big book of 15 minute workouts. I like it a lot. Doesnt require to much equipment.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What about Body by You or You are Your Own Gym? Both are no-equipment-required plans. Also, Strong Curves, which I'm doing now, has a minimal equipment bodyweight program, and the beginner program requires minimal equipment, especially for the first two phases, and it is pretty easy to substitute exercises if needed.