How do you do it?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has a strict daily routine with their eating and exercise.
Do you eat a certain amount of calories every so often?
Do you have a specific amount of calories you burn every day, week, month?

I'm really bad at not eating enough because I'm worried I'll over eat so I thought about making a calorie in take/workout schedule.

Any tips??

Replies

• dizchic77
    dizchic77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your lifestyle and how much you plan to work out. NEVER skip meals that is the worse thing to do. I usually eat my three meals a day and two snacks to keep my metabolism going. Don't eat late at night. Plan your meals so you don't eat the wrong things out of hunger. You can eat very well on a 1200-1500 calorie diet if you choose the right things. And if you want to indulge do it, just plan for it. Hope that helps some.
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat!! I am honest to myself, no lying on myfitnesspal food log! I eat breakfast every morning and I measure and weight everything. Portion control is a huge thing for me, it works when I weigh and measure my portions.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just eat and log everything I put in my mouth. Including gum and mints, I usually pre log since I mostly eat the same things during the week.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't schedule or set up times to eat. Other than my scheduled lunch break at work that is. If I am hungry I eat. If not I wait a little. I have pre-portioned snacks since those are necessity on my 10 min breaks and they keep me accountable and within my goals. I also take every day as it is. If I go over one day I try to be on target the next and look at what had me go over the day before. Did I go out? Or just had a headache and needed more caffeine to keep me going? Or something else. And I try to keep that from happening again if I can.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your lifestyle and how much you plan to work out. NEVER skip meals that is the worse thing to do. I usually eat my three meals a day and two snacks to keep my metabolism going. Don't eat late at night. Plan your meals so you don't eat the wrong things out of hunger. You can eat very well on a 1200-1500 calorie diet if you choose the right things. And if you want to indulge do it, just plan for it. Hope that helps some.

Meal frequency has nothing to do with metabolism. That's been debunked a long time a go. You can eat two big meals or 8 small meals a day. You can also most certainly eat at night/late night. Losing weight is about calories, period. People make pointless rules and restrictions because they think losing weight needs to be hard. It isn't-calories in, calories out. Simple as that.

Also, many people lose weight on more than 1,200-1,500 calories. The TDEE method is pretty popular here on MFP-op you might want to look into that and see if that would be a good fit for you.
  • Tbone0813
    Options
    I usually eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Dinner is always different. My intake at dinner really depends on what I have left for calories. I try to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories each day. The more you exercise the easier it is because you can afford yourself extra rewards here and there. I log everything to a T. I have a scale and measuring cups that I use to ensure I am as close as possible to my amounts. This has helped me in balancing my meals. My daily schedule looks something like this:

-Breakfast: Banana and Kellogg Brand Buds
    -Snack: Fruit or 100 calorie snack
    -Lunch: Protein bar and an Apple
    -Snack: Almonds with Dark Chocolate (I usually base the amount of this on haw many calories I have consumed and what I am having for dinner)
    -Dinner: Something sensible (count your calories)

I also work out 6 days a week at least 30 minutes each time.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck.
  • 100over
    100over Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't lost much yet but I'm doing the same thing I did before when I lost 80lbs..........
    it's easiest for me to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch, then I don't have to spend time thinking about it and figuring out calories when I'm busiest.
    I have to pieces of high protein toast w/cheese slices for breakfast and a Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine for lunch
    Then dinner I'm still figuring out......it's hard when you've got a family to cook for. Most nights I just have a HUGE salad and add whatever meat I made for dinner that night. Then I'm not getting all the carbs they're eating.
    I've started making a habit of going to the gym right after I take the kids to school, then I don't procrastinate all day.
    It's only been a week for me but I feel it's a routine I can keep up with the best.