Time for weight gain/loss to show up?

Options
Hello,

I am wondering - do you all have your weight loss (or gains) show up pretty quickly on the scale? I feel like I will be at the same weight for weeks, despite working really hard at losing, and then all of a sudden I will be down 4 lbs. or so, which will then be the new normal. Conversely, I will be "bad" for a few weeks and not have it show up much and then suddenly be up 5 lbs. I guess what I'm trying to get at is there seems to be a significant lag time for me between my eating/exercise behaviors and what the scale shows.

Does anyone else have this or know why this might be?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what it might be but every body is different and that includes the way it loses weight and fat. I would go for months at a steady loss and then around spring time it would suddenly stop. But always during that time I'd get compliments from people saying that I looked like I'd lost MORE. Seems to be my body was just trying to catch up and then after a few months I'd start losing again.

This is one of the reasons why the scale only tells part of the story. I highly recommend taking photos every two weeks, measuring yourself and taking note of how your clothes fit. You'll probably find that you are progressing steadily, it's just not showing up on the scale.

Does that make sense?

Feel free to add me!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have lags also and sometime I will look like I lost but be the same weight or not look like I lost and be down. Fluctuations are normal at least for me.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    That's how I am, too. This is about as good an explanation as any I've found. The more new the exercise or intensity is, the more the lag, too.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html