Do entrees calories include side dishes?

Options
Hi! I just went to the original pancake house for breakfast and I have a question. I ordered a vegetarian egg white omelette and they had it at 700-1000 calories and that if you swapped the eggs for egg whites it would be -350 calories. It also came with 3 buttermilk pancakes. Did the first calorie count include the pancakes? And does the -350 come off of the 700 or the 1000? I don't know how to put this into my calories. I didn't eat it all but I am really confused. Thank you!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    The number is with the pancakes.

Don't know why they gave the 700-1000 range.

The omelet is probably 350-400 with regular eggs, each pancake is probably 150-180. If you use butter or syrup adjust accordingly.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Depends, many restaurants seperate it all-fries, toast, hashbrowns etc are many times not included in the sandwich/entree calorie count. And sauces, dressing, syrup etc are almost always seperate.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Check with the restaurant. I emailed the restaurant that I went to last night because their nutritional menu is not caught up to their current menu. Tons of help :)
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The diff 700 - 1000 is fro the toppings butter, syrup. I went to elephant bar recently and some of the calorie counts said plus sides, which were listed separately. and yes I stayed within my goal that day. have fun.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think the 700-1000 range is because not everyone adds the same amount of syrup, butter, jelly, etc. You'll have to judge it based on what you actually ate, and figure it out the best you can.
  • im2lexi4myshirt
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! That was a big help! I wish restaurants were more straight-forward! haha