Looking for buddies, 100+ to lose.

Options
I'm an American living in Scotland for the last 2.5 years. I've re-started my weight loss efforts more times than I can count and really want to be successful this time. I'm looking for buddies for support/motivation. I need to develop good habits like eating healthier and exercising. My husband isn't quite on board himself, but I'm hoping to set an example. I've been pretty unhappy and battling depression in the past. I've finished 2 degrees, but still not getting any jobs that are related or close to what I want to be doing which is really frustrating and not leaving me very confident. Looking for new buddies. Good luck everyone. :)

Replies

• huhdawn
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today and could really use a buddy too. Haven't got all my profile info up yet, nor a picture. But briefly I'm 61 and I'm still trying to lose the baby weight gain. The youngest was born in 1975 so I guess I really can't use that excuse anymore, especially since I've gained about another 100 since then. I've been dealing with a lot of illness the last 4 years and yesterday I just said ENOUGH! I know that not all issues will go away by losing weight, but some will and so will a lot of the pain, both physically and emotionally.

Trigger, I can relate to your depression because I am bi-polar, tending toward the depressive side. Dealing with clothes not fitting, looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself is bad enough but then when the binge eating starts the depression is soon to follow.

I hope you will consider adding me as a friend because I could really use a buddy to give/receive encouragement..