Question for the parents...

Options
2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Just in my bedroom closet. My kids know that my room is off limits for playing in. They can be in my room with me, but no going in there to explore. They are 9 and under, so they aren't home alone (which is when snooping would take place). They have the entire home to play in, so my room is not a play room. They respect privacy and boundaries. We have other rules, such as no bringing their blankets into the kitchen or bathroom.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    We put them in our bedroom closet. The kids are not allowed in our room, so they never go in there.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My closet has tons of boxes of shoes and boots. I mix them in there. My clothes are boring, so the kids won't look there.
  • fulleroaks
    Options
    Top shelf of the closet. It takes a ladder to reach them. 12 foot ceilings.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We usually hide them up in the attic...there's not a whole lot of floor space up there so our son knows he is not supposed to go up there. However, he is 7 1/2 and no longer believes in Santa and yesterday he took it upon himself to give me a few suggestions on where I could hide the presents. Sigh...does he really think mom going to fall for that!!?
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In the ceiling. My wife is the one I need to watch out for, the kids are happy to wait for the surprise.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Mine are all up on the shelf in my walk in wardrobe. My girls are still too little to understand that they get 'hidden'. But, I do have presents under the tree (wrapped) for other people & they don't seem to care about them.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I typically wrap right away - not for the kids sake but for husband! He's the biggest snoop!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    We have 5 kids, mostly all grown by now, but when they were very young, they were taught to never go into Mommy and Daddy's room without an invitation. We hid the presents in my bedroom closet. If they peeked, I never heard about it, but one of my children is so mature in his thinking, that he once told me he couldn't imagine peeking because then it would have ruined the surprise at Christmas.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My office and our bedroom closet
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My daughter isn't the type to snoop. I usually put them on the top shelf of my closet, under the bed, or in the attic.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wrap Gifts right away. I put them under the basement stairs since there was room once the tree came out of there and the boxes of decorations. My son is a little scared of the basement so he doesn't hang out there long lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I only have one toddler so far, so I stash them on the top shelf of my closet.