Need help shopping / consuming 2600 cals/day

So I have been trying to put on some muscle... However, since becoming single, these past 6 months my weight has been stagnant. Strength gains are slowly rising yes, but muscle and/ or weight... Not one bit. If anything I'm losing size and grossly under-eating because I don't cook. The rare occasion I do eat it's not enough and / or fast food aka not healthy.
SKIP TO HERE FOR QUESZTION:
Anyways looking for something close to like 40/40/20 @2400-2600cals per day.
I'd like to look at what other people are doing and some-what mimic them so please post if you eat similarly to this.

Also if you cook only once or twice a week in bulk / have tips to do so. All I make is chicken/rice or chicken/potatoes every Sunday and Thursday to last the week.

Edit: Up to 3k cals. on heavy days.

Replies

• Some ideas for you:

Beef - Steaks can be grilled or pan seared. Hamburgers can be broiled in the oven.

Pork - Pan seared or baked chops and bacon.

Salmon (or other fish) - Easy to bake.

Tuna steaks - Best when pan seared.

For all these meats, you can find seasoning blends and marinades at the store.

Steamfresh veggies - Frozen veggies that can be thrown in the microwave for 5 minutes.

Other stuff: eggs, nuts, whole milk, pasta, bread

Hope that helps!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    I eat 2600/day. We did a crapton of batch cooking this fall: a bunch of different casseroles (tuna noodle, chicken divan, lasagna, hamburger/pasta etc), chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie, pasta sauce, chili, stew...easy to pull these out at dinner and have a good meal. Breakfasts are toast and eggs or batch-cooked oatmeal, lunches are leftovers, sandwiches, soups and easy-to-grab stuff like fruit, yogurt, muffins, etc.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I am not in a bulk but I have a young son (19) living with me so I know how to cook for someone who eats 2500k + calories a day.

Pasta and meat sauce (ground turkey or beef or pork) I sometimes eat pasta with white sauce (bottled is easy) and just grill up some seafood (scallops and shrimp) is always good on Cheese tortelinni.

chili is easy as well. Cook up ground meat (see above) put all other stuff together (you can buy a package of spices with a recipe) in a slow cooker Sunday afternoon done.

Pork loin...roll it in olive oil and some spices (thyme, rosemarry) and roast it for an hour....

Potatoe wedges dredged in oil with spices

Salmon stuff it with scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, onions with some olive oil, wrap it in tinfoil throw it in the oven.

Breakfast which I love 3 egg omlette with veggies and grilled chicken/pork/sausages/bacon with full fat cheese.

At this point you should have lots of calories in (above mentioned breakfast is 1000 calories with milk and coffee and 2 pieces of bread with butter and I eat it)