Has anyone ever tried Shakeology?

Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    I like food.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    It tastes like chalk and the dying dreams of small children.

:laugh: :love: :laugh:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    The only people who benefit from Shakeology (or the other MLM scam products like Body by Vi, Herbalife, Advocare, ItWorks, etc.) are the so-called "coaches" who sell that overpriced junk. There are much better products that cost less and don't wrap you up in multi-level pyramid marketing scams.

If you read between the lines in the responses to any such thread, it's easy to tell who the other "coaches" (fancy, overstated name for "salesperson" or "huckster") are.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    The only people who benefit from Shakeology (or the other MLM scam products like Body by Vi, Herbalife, Advocare, ItWorks, etc.) are the so-called "coaches" who sell that overpriced junk. There are much better products that cost less and don't wrap you up in multi-level pyramid marketing scams.

If you read between the lines in the responses to any such thread, it's easy to tell who the other "coaches" (fancy, overstated name for "salesperson" or "huckster") are.

+1
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I find a lot of people's responses here to be quite uninformed and ignorant. It doesn't claim to be a 'protein shake' or a 'complete meal replacement'. It's a supplement to aid in weight loss, increase energy, reduce cravings and increase digestion and irregularity, and that's what the ingredients in it are meant to do. If you choose to use it as a meal replacement, then it could actually save you money at $4-$5/serving (try getting a healthy breakfast out for that price).

I agree that everyone is entitled to eat/drink whatever they like, I just don't like when people have opinions that are not based on fact but rather based on personal opinion.

LOL...

...in.
  • jofjltncb6
    It tastes like chalk and the dying dreams of small children.

It does?

Sweet! Maybe I was too quick to dismiss this product without having actually tried it.

(Maybe I could get each of the "coaches" on MFP to send me a free sample...

...which should give me enough product to last for 3-4 months.)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Not everyone will like or want to try it for whatever reason. That's okay everyone has their own way of losing weight and getting healthy. Shakeology has worked for me so far and I just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten results to. Thanks to everyone that answered politely! Others remember we should all motivate each other with support and kind words not rude comments. I'm open to any opinion just say it in a nice way.
    According to your join date and ticker you've lost 12 pounds in 14 months.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    I find a lot of people's responses here to be quite uninformed and ignorant. It doesn't claim to be a 'protein shake' or a 'complete meal replacement'. It's a supplement to aid in weight loss, increase energy, reduce cravings and increase digestion and irregularity, and that's what the ingredients in it are meant to do. If you choose to use it as a meal replacement, then it could actually save you money at $4-$5/serving (try getting a healthy breakfast out for that price).

I agree that everyone is entitled to eat/drink whatever they like, I just don't like when people have opinions that are not based on fact but rather based on personal opinion.

Seriously? You believe this? I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you then...
  • jofjltncb6

Actually, the *real* money in this and every other MLM is not in the direct seller/"coach", but further up the line...

...but everything else you said was right on.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Not everyone will like or want to try it for whatever reason. That's okay everyone has their own way of losing weight and getting healthy. Shakeology has worked for me so far and I just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten results to. Thanks to everyone that answered politely! Others remember we should all motivate each other with support and kind words not rude comments. I'm open to any opinion just say it in a nice way.
    According to your join date and ticker you've lost 12 pounds in 14 months.
    Not only that, but depending on which thread you read the 12 pound loss was either caused by Shakeology (in this thread) or T25 (in another "buy this Beachbody product" thread.)
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Yeaaahhh no thx. I lost 25 pounds since October eating actual food and not working out. All you need to do is stop eating crap and have a calorie deficit. I couldn't even drink it if I wanted to. Way too many carbs per serving. I like eating too much to drink my calories. I know someone who has her 4 year old drinking it and saying things like "I know that if it's the only thing she drinks today, she's getting her daily dose of dense nutrition!" Everything is a sales tactic. And how can you teach a kid proper eating habits when you are giving them a drink for food. So no, shakeology can DIAF.

15867205.png
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Believe me I don't take any if this personally. Like I said everyone has their own opinion and that's okay. I'm new to this whole forum thing and if I had known that me posting about shakeology or any other beach body product was gonna get people so riled up I would not have done it. I'm not here to create negative energy. Just here to get advice and motivation.

Please just answer one question honestly. Are you a Beachbody coach?
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    It's not advertised as a meal replacement, but it can be used for it. Just like anything else. Obvi.

Tony Horton himself says... "it's the healthiest meal of the day".

Now what you got?
  • beckymosley86
    beckymosley86 Posts: 7 Member
    I have had shakology i had some samples and they were all disguting this stuff is so overpriced.

The only good thing Beachbody offers is work out programs i love those.
  • jofjltncb6
    I have had shakology i had some samples and they were all disguting this stuff is so overpriced.

The only good thing Beachbody offers is work out programs i love those.

I suspect this is heavily dependent on how much you paid for them.

Did you pay full price?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    I find a lot of people's responses here to be quite uninformed and ignorant. It doesn't claim to be a 'protein shake' or a 'complete meal replacement'.
    Really? From their site: Lose weight – especially if you replace a meal with Shakeology every day.
    http://www.shakeology.com/
    So when some say that Shakeology claims to say it's a meal replacement, you're saying they ignorant or uninformed? Or are you just being obtuse due to your allegiance to the company?
    It's a supplement to aid in weight loss, increase energy, reduce cravings and increase digestion and irregularity, and that's what the ingredients in it are meant to do. If you choose to use it as a meal replacement, then it could actually save you money at $4-$5/serving (try getting a healthy breakfast out for that price).
    Slimfast, Herbalife, Body by Vi all claim to do the same. What really makes them different if it's just a "supplement" to aid in weight loss?
    This had to be an ironic reply. Practically ALL diet programs have testimonials that are based on opinion of the users. What is the one thing they have in common? Everyone of them had to change how much they consumed. And guess what? You don't need to buy a program to learn that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

These statements directly contradict each other.

If you are going to be annoyed that people aren't dealing with facts, then you should deal in facts yourself.

Aren't we talking about Shakeology here? And not the way people type... geez you've said your peace, move along.

I had a response in my head, but it's already been iterated by other members. As such, I'll just leave this alone.
  • meskew87
    meskew87 Posts: 27 Member
    I used Shakeology for a while and liked it for one reason alone - it made it easier for me to eat at a deficit. Because I knew I could quickly whip up a shake with some coconut milk and be on my way, it was less tempting for me to grab some other kind of junk to fill myself up with (fast food breafkast sandwich, Starbucks pastry, etc) However for me, the cost just wasn't worth the benefit. With a little planning ahead I am able to plan quick and healthy meals that keep me at a deficit, fill me up, and don't break the bank.

To each his own, of course, but Shakeology is surely not a miracle drink that will cause the fat to just melt of and be converted into boundless energy for your day.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    I have drank it daily since March and I'm pretty much the exact same weight ( I'm at a normal weight and just trying to maintain). HOWEVER, I have more energy than ever before and my nails and eyelashes have never been longer. I have also not gotten sick in a very long time.

NO, I am NOT a coach either.