Not taking in enough calories

budgetqueen79
budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I seem to be full and not have eaten all of my calories for this week. It's TOM and my appetite is 0 will I put my body in starvation mode. I cannot fit another bite in.

Replies

• If you're not hungry I wouldn't eat because you're body isn't sending hunger signals for a reason. But that's just IMO though. Good Luck!
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    I have the same problem...just can't eat another bite....It will get better.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    I often find myself having them too, but you if you aren't hungry.. Dont eat.. It wont do you any good.. It will get better.. Give it time to subside.. Maybe try to find something to lessen it.. Maybe drink water?? when it comes.. If you arent hungry that is.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I almost posted something very similar! Two days ago I still had at least 600 calories left and I was absolutely NOT hungry (which is not like me, hmmm). I have upped my excersise tremendously over the past few weeks (Zumba) and I think the activity is curbing my apetite, which is something I have never experienced before.

I agree and have decided for myself that if you are not hungry, don't eat. I am choosing to keep a rough total of calories I did not eat and save them for special occasions or mini treats. That way I can truly enjoy them!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I was freaking out. I have been to spin 5 days this week instead of 4 and if I spin my appetite goes to 0 I drink a protein shake when I come back and I am so full. The shake is only 110 cals 17 g protein but it fills me up.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    A few days under your goal won't hurt you. Seriously :flowerforyou: It's only if it's a long term thing that it is detrimental to your health, primarily because you won't be getting adequate nutrition on a very low calorie diet. This then, makes you feel cruddy which you want to avoid! Hard to stick with something that makes you feel cruddy, huh? That's all. You won't hurt yourself by under eating a day or a couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.