Any other Pilots or Flight Attendants on here?

Options
Hey there,

I'm Jake and I've been a member for a couple years. I've got a website being built sorta geared around traveling occupations such as mine (pilot).

If there are any other pilots or even flight attendants on here, please comment on here and I'd like to get with you guys on starting a thread to help others in the occupation out with cooking, planning, etc.

Save travels!

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    What about business travelers ? lol
  • fitpilotjake
    fitpilotjake Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Basically anyone who knows about life on the road (or through the skies). There's a major health epidemic with eating in hotels and airports.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You are right - it is incredibly difficult to eat and be active when you're flying to and from. I travel every month - not every day but a few times minimum. It always messes with me. I can't even imagine traveling daily everywhere.
  • supaflyrobby
    Options
    My Dad worked and retired from the industry as an airline captain (my Mom finally forced his retirement as it was straining their marriage him flying the O'hare to Charles De Gaulle) As such, I learned how to fly at a very young age, and still take up the Bonanza at least a couple of times a month.

Flying does not mean to me what it once did, probably because I have been around pilots my entire life and been to EAA since I was old enough to walk.

Still, it will always be a part of me, and you would be hard pressed to find many pilots my age with the amount of experience that I have. Came with the territory for me growing up.

Can't help you with logistics since I have never been part of a commercial flight crew, but I can empathize with how hard it is keeping fit being a commercial pilot.
  • fitpilotjake
    Options
    You are right - it is incredibly difficult to eat and be active when you're flying to and from. I travel every month - not every day but a few times minimum. It always messes with me. I can't even imagine traveling daily everywhere.

It's a task for sure, planning stops and prepping food for 3-4 days ahead of time is daunting but so worth it. After reading a lot of nutrition books on bodybuilding nutrition I've pieced together something I feel works and that could be good to share. Stay tuned.
  • fitpilotjake
    Options
    My Dad worked and retired from the industry as an airline captain (my Mom finally forced his retirement as it was straining their marriage him flying the O'hare to Charles De Gaulle) As such, I learned how to fly at a very young age, and still take up the Bonanza at least a couple of times a month.

Flying does not mean to me what it once did, probably because I have been around pilots my entire life and been to EAA since I was old enough to walk.

Still, it will always be a part of me, and you would be hard pressed to find many pilots my age with the amount of experience that I have. Came with the territory for me growing up.

Can't help you with logistics since I have never been part of a commercial flight crew, but I can empathize with how hard it is keeping fit being a commercial pilot.

Good stuff. International flying would make it even tougher since those guys would eat multiple meals off the ground and are usually fed what first class eats. I'll have to delve into that a little bit from what I've experienced.

Do you have a supra? I'm also a watersport addict, talk about another task (eating all day on the lake)…another great topic.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a group if you set one up. Not a pilot or crew, rather, I'm an aid worker ... 54 flights so far this year, 6 more to go! I spend about 50% of my time in the field (mostly South and South East Asia) and in conditions that vary all the time (from 5 star hotels to villages in the middle of what feels like nowhere).

Despite this I really felt I had to bite the bullet this year and find a way to loose while on the road - I have lost 12kg (26lb) in 11 months (which I am happy with at my age and lifestyle).

So, I have I think, a lot to learn from others in the same kind of situation, but also a lot to offer.

When not in the field or on a plane, I call South Australia home.

Hi, I'm Donna
  • fitpilotjake
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17921-flight-crew-and-business-traveler-lounge

Here we go. I'll add a link to my site in a little bit. I wanted to get this on here. Welcome one and all.
  • ixe08
    ixe08 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ,I'm David,currently an Airline Pilot in Panama,and I'm honestly lost with the gain loss subject cause due to work is very hard to keep on a diet or a exercise routine because not all hotels have gym's or sometimes I arrive to late in the evening and have to wake up early in the morning like 4-5 AM. it'll be great if you guys have any kind of tips or advises that you can share!
  • marziesanderson
    Options
    Hi I'm Marzie

Currently finishing up my CPL :) looking forward to it

Home is London but struggling to stay fit and healthy and avoid my biggest weakness sugar!
  • jpfly
    jpfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Flight Attendant who travels with a mini-skillet to cook healthy in my room!