i need to lose this stomach fat or get lipo!!! plz help

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    i have dumbbells ranging from 4 lbs to 8, is that a good start? plus i was thinking of doing the 30 day shred. Im not a heavy lifter type and i respect those who are into that, but there must be other thing i may do to help tone and preserve my muscles.
    Doing 30 Day shred with 4lb weights, and then progressing to 8lb eights should give great results. I do 30 Day shred and RI30 with 8-9lb weights, for most exercises(still have to grab the 3's occasionally) and people are surprised by my muscles.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    If you think you have loose skin on your belly as a result in rapid weight loss, just weight until you see the loose skin as a result of lipo - the ultimate rapid weight loss.

A friend of mine (45-ish, moderate build, not overweight at all) had lipo done on her stomach and thighs. IMHO, her "after" looked much worse than her "before" because her belly pooch and thighs were replaced with ugly hanging extra skim.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    people also need to be realistic when losing weight-your not suddenly going to turn into a super model with a "perfect" body.
    You need to strive for YOUR best. Work hard for it and be happy with who YOU are.

Lipo is not the answer. It simply removes fat cells from one spot-and they will then simply gather in another if you don't continue to exercise and watch what you eat. Most of the time-people end up with just another trouble zone.

also, as we age, our skin loses elasticity, nothing can change that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    For sure try out some body weight exercises. Those will help a tone because it will build and tone lean muscle. If you ever feel like doing some at home, just look up some 'ab exercises' on youtube. Scroll through and pick out what you like most!

will it give me similar results to those who say lifting will? i heard planks are really good
    Planks are good for core strength but wont help you reduce fat around the core. The key is really dial in your nutrition. With that said how many calories are you eating and can you open your diary?
  • discern82
    discern82 Posts: 17 Member
    I just looked up how to lose belly fat since I have a lot of it. The one thing I found and have heard before is to watch the amount of sugar we eat. It also said that fiber helps fight belly fat. I don't know if this is all true as I haven't tried it yet but I thought I'd pass it along.
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Ive been dieting sonce late august, and have lost 21 pounds. i really want to lose this stubborn belly that i hate soo much (i was asked today if i was expecting, and that just made me feel more like sh**) i am 5'0 ans was 145 and am now 124. i know i need patience but i feel so miserable! plus i dont want to try harder if i wont look how i want to in the end. ugh, will i ever get rid of this or do i needto resort to lipo!!?? sorry for ranting, im just having a real bad day. are there any tips from those who were in a similar situation as me? please dont leave any rude comments, my day is already real bad as it is.

Seriously you have been working at this for like 4 months and expecting results like a flat belly?? You seriously need to consider that this is going to take tiiiiime. Lipo consideration after 4 months of trying, really...*shaking head. Give it time, it took years and many chocolate bars and ice cream cones to put it on, it ain going away in 4 months. KEEP with it don't expect overnight results. Ask for advice, but throwing the lipo idea out there is dumb. You are doing great and have great results so far don't take the easy way out, you can keep with it.
  • psuLemon
    I just looked up how to lose belly fat since I have a lot of it. The one thing I found and have heard before is to watch the amount of sugar we eat. It also said that fiber helps fight belly fat. I don't know if this is all true as I haven't tried it yet but I thought I'd pass it along.

It's not true. A calorie deficit and time is the only thing that will affect body fat. Sugar is a carb and will be processed as such. The mains things you want to do is eat higher protein (so you have enough muscle to give you definition) and do weight training. Outside of that, get a food scale to ensure accuracy.
  • thank you all for the responses
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member

It's not true. A calorie deficit and time is the only thing that will affect body fat. Sugar is a carb and will be processed as such. The mains things you want to do is eat higher protein (so you have enough muscle to give you definition) and do weight training. Outside of that, get a food scale to ensure accuracy.

^This. I'm starting to see some decent changes in stomach (finally). I've spent almost 6 months weight lifting and lost 42 lbs. Stomach is the last place for me and I understand it's frustrating but you'll get there! Just keep eating at a moderate deficit, I aim to get 1g of protein per pound of LBM and lift heavy! :D
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    I'm also 5 ft tall and reached my goal weight last week. I'm currently about 107.5 lbs, down from 143. I lost at a rate of 5 lbs/month. You have to take it slowly and steadily for your body to healthily lose the fat and to avoid having excess skin hanging around. My tummy now compared to what it was when I was about 124 is quite drastically different. I still have a bit of a tummy, but it has vastly improved from where I was. It is much firmer and flatter and my lower belly has almost completely disappeared. I knew that after hitting goal weight, that some fine tuning would be needed and I'm okay with that. I did mostly cardio and I'm planning to focus on weight training to completely flatten my tummy in the months to come. Also, make sure you're getting plenty of water to combat bloating.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    As the other lady said, patience is hard but the most important part. Strength training and working your ab muscles is important. Strength training should be done for your whole body. Clean eating (the part I suck at) is also important. I struggle with eating too much sugar. If you want a nice core diet is a major part. August really was not that long ago. Continue to set specific, time oriented goals but do not feel defeated if you are off a bit. Stay strong! It is a bout your overall health more than a specific weight. Hope this helps.

Clean eating has absolutely nothing with getting abs... There are two things you need to get abs... 1. low enough body fat and 2. enough lean body mass you give you abs.

OP, give it more time, minimize our deficit to 1 lb per week or 20% less than your TDEE, alter macro's to around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats (this should allow for 1g of protein and .35 of fat per lb of lean body mass) and start lifting as others suggested.

Clean eating has EVERYTHING to do with getting abs. 30% gym, 70% diet. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    As the other lady said, patience is hard but the most important part. Strength training and working your ab muscles is important. Strength training should be done for your whole body. Clean eating (the part I suck at) is also important. I struggle with eating too much sugar. If you want a nice core diet is a major part. August really was not that long ago. Continue to set specific, time oriented goals but do not feel defeated if you are off a bit. Stay strong! It is a bout your overall health more than a specific weight. Hope this helps.

Clean eating has absolutely nothing with getting abs... There are two things you need to get abs... 1. low enough body fat and 2. enough lean body mass you give you abs.

OP, give it more time, minimize our deficit to 1 lb per week or 20% less than your TDEE, alter macro's to around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats (this should allow for 1g of protein and .35 of fat per lb of lean body mass) and start lifting as others suggested.

Clean eating has EVERYTHING to do with getting abs. 30% gym, 70% diet. Abs are made in the kitchen.
    False. A CALORIE DEFICIT has everything to do with getting abs. "Clean eating" is a meaningless marketing term that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
  • What exactly are macros and how does one figure them out?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member

Wrong.
    Clean eating (whatever daft definition is being used today...) is irrelevant.
    Abs are made in the gym but revealed by reducing body fat - revealed by what you do in the kitchen if you like.
  • psuLemon
    What exactly are macros and how does one figure them out?

Macro's are macronutrients (carbs, fats, and protein). And you figure out based on calories and based on the amount of lean body mass you have.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member

lols. No. (The abs in one of my profile pics beg to differ with your statement about the importance of "clean" eating). Getting abs is about reducing body fat. You do that by eating at a deficit.
    OP, just keep plugging away. You can't pick where fat will come off - that's determined by your genes. Just keep reducing your bf% and eventually it will come off the tummy too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    pick up the book "new rules of lifting for women" for some solid gym advice
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Just like they told you over in Eat Train Progress, you need to continue eating at a calorie deficit, do resistance training, and be patient. Also know that part of it is genetic.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member

This-I have a flat stomach (profile picture is a couple weeks old) and in no way do I eat 'clean' :wink:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member

No. Just no.