body fat %

Options
hey guys ,

so this morning i went to the gym and did a weight in to get my body fat % . i am 25 , 167cm tall and weigh 64 kg (fully clothes.). Using the scaled at the gym where u step on and hold handles that are supposed to send electrodes through you to determine your body fat % . now mine came up as 32% which both myself and the trainer were a little bit confused about as i know i am not obese . i went away feeling a bit meh , and confused wondering why it would be so high ( the trainer said something about if my hydration is low at the time my body fat % would be higher )
. anyone have any insight ? or am i just thinking im fitter and healthier then i really am ?

i do alot of gym work involving boxing twice a week , weights twice a week (with half hour cardio )and cardio/ circuit classes atleast once a week . im at the gym 5 out of 7 days atleast

i read online that to find your lean body mass you times your weight with your body fat % which came up as 20.25% . Do i pay attention to the body fat % or the lean body mass?

any advice would be appreciated

:)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Those machines can be off as much as 6% or more depending if it's set up correctly and your hydration level.